Saturday, May 14, 2005

There is so much about the world that I don't know.

Last night we watched, courtesy of Jay's friend Rob M., two episodes of Penn & Teller's "Bullshit" show. Very interesting. The first one was about recycling and how it is an 8 billion dollar industry in the US that doesn't make the difference that everyone thinks it makes. It was a bummer. I love recycling! Now I gotta find out more about it. I am hoping that it is not so grim up here in Canada. I will find out and get back to yas.

The second show was about PETA. Eep. Here I thought they were this great organization that helped animals. Well, they do help some animals, but they are kind of off their rockers. Alot of people who are animal rights supporters and activists have broken away from PETA, because they have been involved in some violent methods to get their point across. They are for total animal liberation. So no zoos. No animal testing. No farms. NO PETS. Hmmm.

Anyway, lots to learn. I love shows that make you think. Of course, for every strong opinion you will find an equal and opposite strong opinion. But there is nothing wrong with QUESTIONING things. Too much of my life,I know, is about just going along with things because that is the way they are. This show reminded me of my cultural studies professor. Who said that when someone says, "It's common sense" we should always ask "WHO'S common sense?"

So I will keep trying to learn. I am only 12,787 days old after all. And learning new things is a good way to prevent early onset Alzheimers. Which I am always for.

A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home