Thursday, May 12, 2005

Saw "The Interpreter" last night. It was decent. I had a few teensy naps, like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can see that Nicole Kidman is eventually going to become a head on a shish kebab stick. And that is Sean Penn on the right, who was pretty great in this movie.

Jay brought home a Caramilk chocolate cake (23.95 at Fortinos grocery store - only a guy would spend that much on a cake without batting an eye) and Rolo ice cream. The kids loved it. As did I, even though I had already treated myself with the Deningers. (Hands up whose capris gonna be tight this weekend?) And he got me a celebrity hairstyle magazine, because I had been saying I am after getting a new style. Saints preserve us, sometimes they actually hear what we say.

So today I am BACK to Snobbing Honda so they can continue their tests on the air conditioning. Not my favourite way to spend an hour or two but whatevah.

I am almost done ROOTS. I feel like I have been through it all with those people. It is a GREAT read. It is a saga. An adventure. A historical piece. What these people went through. And I whine about the price of gas per litre. Well, actually I don't, I just can't think of a good example. But you know what I means.

Alright, gotta go!

A.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

ACK! I have been trying to leave a message for you for 3 days an it wouldn't work! FINALLY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!

and I LOVE your drawings!! I would love to see more of those in the future. I was cracking up at the Nicole picture, you made her LOOK BETTER!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Nicole Kidman freaks me the FREAK out! FREAK! But I loved her in Moulin Rouge. So the movie was good? Do we need to see it in the theater, or will we be content with our little TV screen in the privacy of our own home? Do tell.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Amy said...

KC- yeah there is something strange about her. She is still pretty, in a pretty insect kind of way...

Kristine- Thanks! I do mah drawings in Microsoft Paint. Very technical and advanced of me, I know.

Cat- wait for dvd, I say. It is good, but it ain't like you need the big screen for the special effects of botox or anything. I loved her in Moulin Rouge too. I loved her before she got all pasty and scrawny and alien-y.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Very nice sketch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home