Friday, May 13, 2005

STUFF PORTRAIT FRIDAY

Okay, Susie had a great idea with this! Here goes.

First is the ugliest thing hanging in my house:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is one of the lights that hangs on my wall o bricks fireplace. Ugh. We have a bonafide 70's rec room down there. The bar is solid brick. The walls are panelling. The floor is those terrazzo tiles. And the lighting fixtures are funky. Check out the homemade wood bracket! Somebody needs to tell this rec room that Alice does'nt live here anymore.

Number 2. My hair products.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't know what I am doing. I buy these flippy/sculpty/texture products, some of which I am sure are made of Flubber, in the hopes that I will have some fun hair. And in the end, it just kind of hangs there. It looks totally great when I get it cut. Then it is back to whateva.

Third, a material object I can't live without. Hmm. I am not a jewelry person. Mostly because I lose things. And losers like me can't keep stuff for very long so we try not to get too attached to it. I don't even have a diamond ring. Just a generic gold wedding band that I have lost and found four times. Once I lost it looking for Christmas trees outside of a garden centre. And went back and searched on my hands and knees for it. Didn't find it. So I bought a new one. Then, after Christmas, when we were taking the tree down, wasn't my old one in the tree stand water. Hey! So I took back the one I had bought. So I am not a jewlery personne. But one thing I do love very much is the quilt my quilty mom made for me a few years ago. We picked the fabric out together. It is loverly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the back of the quilt she put an inscription.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Gotta love the mamma.

Alright, I am out of here, before i get ROOTS tourettes again.
A.

3 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Susie said...

It really was the great and powerful Kristine's idea! With a light fixture like that, I think you just have to go with the retro look for that room. That '70s Show!
I buy stuff from my hairdresser, and I can never make it do what she makes it do to my 'do.
Your quilt is just extraordinarily special. What a treasure.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

definitely ugly light fixture...

good taste in hair products...

priceless, ever precious possession created with pure love (and some essential material, thread, etc.)

tre' cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home