Monday, May 09, 2005

TGIM

Finally, it's Monday and I get a little down-time! It was an uncharacteristically (man that is a long word to type out.) busy weekend.

Friday Sam had a violin concert. They got first place in the little music festival! Just betwixt you and me, I am not entirely sure there were any other competitors in the 10 years and under category, but first is first! Even when you are the only one you are still number one, especially if you are my kid.

Sat morning was cool. Our church and a couple other downtown churches got together and did a downtown garbage pickup type thing. We hooked up at 9am, got into groups, put on gloves and walked around with garbage bags, just pickin up trash on the street. I drive through downtown all the time and see garbage and think 'what a shame' just like everyone else. It felt good to be actually getting down and picking it up. Plus I got to chat with my darling Jola Silver whilst I was a garbage picker. Which makes any saturday morning a worthwhile event.

Then Ah went from garbage pickin to pedicurin! My toes look pretty great. My cousin Nat is an aesthetician and she hooked me up with some delicious new Sebastian Trucco makeup too. Good timez.

Sun we had churchola (felt like I lived there this weekend) and Sandy and I were on for Sunday School. Except I volunteered to go to Tim Hortons for tea and sustenance. Which took me forty five minutes in the mall! It was VERY busy at the donut shop. There was a war vet guy behind me (all dressed up in his war vet uniform with the badges and rakish hat) and I turned to him and said, "Well, there, what are you havin? I'm buyin." Because it was the 60th anniversary of VE day and all. He was really sweet, I asked him what he did in the war and he told me he was on a machine gun for five years. His name was George. He said, "Wait'll I tell my pals I got a coffee bought for me by a good lookin' girl!"
Didn't I see him in the paper this morning. He went to a big veteran's celebration.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Neat.

We went to brunch (well, late lunch) at my parents yesterday afternoon. Gotta love my dad. He had a batch of frozen margaritas all hooked up in the freezer! Happy Mother's day indeed! It was awesome to be finally sitting outside in warm weather, the kids have so much more fun out than in. We have quite the little crowd going with the seven grandkids running around. I wonder whose next to get up the pole. Hmmmm.

Well, I have copious laundrificus to take care of. Later I will do a mini review of the movie I took my MIL and SIL to last night, "A Lot Like Love".

See? I tole you it was a bizzy weekend.

A.

6 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Awww, you're giving me a toothache with all these posts lately! I miss Tim Horton's! I've considered begging them to franchise it in Australia. My husband had it for the first time on our visit to Nova Scotia over Christmas and he loved it. My mother is sending him a tin for his birthday. We can't wait until it gets here!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Yay! Pedicures! God's gift to trash pickers!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Strizz said...

Happy day late mothers day to you chicky

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty well rounded weekend! Gotta love that - bit'o'fun, some sun and good deeds to give ya that warm fuzzy feelin!
Ang

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there this weekand Aim. Ofcourse Uncle Mike busts out the margaritas when Im not there!! No Fair. I went to Cold Lake this weekand and it was cold...go figure. Say hi to the kiddies for me.

Kennis

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekends go too quick when their so busy. Even when not busy the go too fast. I think parents need about 15 more hours in each day. That might make things easier. Have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home