Friday, May 06, 2005

Update on driving Sadie to school:

Well, there I sat today, resting on my laurels, basking in the warmth of all your lovely comments, feeling good. I was talking to my friend Lisa who was over, about Kristines blog and how she had done something nice and how great it would be if there was this rash of nice goings on that started from a simple Girl From Ipanema's blog. I told her about my offering to drive Sadie, sipping my Diet Coke and generally feeling fine.

"Well," she said, "When were you going to start doing this?"

"Today," I said. "Neat, eh?"

"Sure," she said. "I think it's great. Why are you still sitting here talking to me then?"

I looked at the clock. Totally late! "Shit! Watch Lucy for me till I get back!!" I grabbed Monty, his bag and shoes, and flew out the door.

I picked up Sadie. They got to school just in time. Whew.

Gotta love Miss Thang sitting there, drinking my DC, gettin all up on meself, while forgetting that I had to GO AND DO THE THING I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Note to self: Hey, Self: Get over you.

A.

10 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still saved Sadie and her mother a long-ass walk. Bask away, mah dear!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Too funny, you're still pretty good in my books.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was too funny and so sweet at the same time.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great. Hey, it was cool your friend was there to hang with the littler one while you did the car pool. The saving of that walk for Sadie and her mom is a wonderful thing your doing.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - so cool you are! I'll be checking back for other cool posts!

I need to write more notes to self like yours. ;-)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

LOL!! You made me cry yesterday and laugh today!!

I love you Amy!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

IM ME:

justkeeton (aol)

kristine_seguin (yahoo)

justkeeton@hotmail.com (MSN)

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

seriously...IM ME!!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

Okay, if you're going to be a butt and not IM me, email me! randomandodd@blogspot.com

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

I feel like i should know this, but do Canadians celebrate mother's day? If so, HMD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home