Friday, October 07, 2005

Punk Mower

Wish I had had my camera on me yesterday. Just down the street from my house lives this young guy. He is probably about 20-21 now. I have seen him metamorphose from this chubby dark haired kid with glasses and a huge facial birthmark to a thin punk rocker guy. It is fascinating how different he looks. He always says hello. He still has the birthmark, but it is kind of upstaged by his punk-ness.

He has this incredible mohawk. It is at least ten inches long and two toned. It looks like this big fan when he turns his head. He wears the punk standards, the plaid pants, the bracelets, the black shirt with the cutoff sleeves.

And yesterday I saw him mowing his neighbors lawn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Man, a camera would have beeen good. What a neat image, of this guy bent over the lawnmower, pushing it uphill, with his bird of paradise hair and his 18 hole Docs.

Cool, man.

A.

7 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Cat said...

AWESOME. I would have SO loved to see that image...
But the doodle is cool, too!
;)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger The Q said...

I LOVE your doodles *so* much!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Candy said...

That could be a drawing of my boyfriend 5 years ago.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had 14 hole docs. a 'friend' stole them. I miss them terribly. there are heaps of guys at my school that look like that - murdoch is known as the 'alternative' uni. next to me in the computer lab is an asian guy with tri-coloured dreadlocks which look so fucking cool. I don't dare take a photo tho.
Mind you, the drawing is pretty cool. I still love the L + B drawing better tho.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger kalki said...

Love the drawing. You are too cute.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

hilarious - thanks for sharing - you need to start carrying your camera around!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger hemlock said...

I also wish you had your camera. That's cool!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home