Monday, September 26, 2005

Sunone be messin' wit me.

The gremlins in my computer can vamoose at any time. I did a whole post today about worrying, and then hit 'publish post'. Then waited for the 'your post has been published.' Then checked.

No post. It wasn't a great post, but it was okay, but you will never know, will you? Because it did not, in fact, publish.

But I am not going to worry about it. The whole thing was about how I think I am not a worrier type but I actually so utterly am.

Hubby home late from work? It's cause he be lying in a ditch at the side of the road, his cell phone just out of reach, calling my name as he looks up at the night sky.

(Geez that's kind of romantic, isn't it?)

Kids quiet upstairs? Well that is because they are being strangled by the cords in their hoodie sweatshirts, or have swallowed a piece of lego, or have drowned in the 1/2 inch of water that was left in the bathtub.

Headache? Brain Tumor.

Leg Ache? Aneurysm.

And that's how it goes. Who needs extreme sports? I have an extreme brain.

And yet, it all mostly works out okay in the end. This is what saves me. Thinking hard and fast about eventually. About next week. About after its over. Even when I was a kid, and in trouble, like the time Sandy and I got caught doing the summersaults on her three story house roof and Marnie Blizzard saw us from across the street and pointed and we knew she would tell her mother, who would call Sandy's dad. Who would call my dad. That feeling of dread. Ugh. I could barely walk home, I was so desperate, knowing my dad would flip his lid. But thinking about the next day, or the next week, when it all blew over, helped. Still does.

Hey, I meant not to write the same post and i pretty much almost did.

And there you go.

A.

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I found you again!!! Yay! I was concerned I would never refind your blog.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger kalki said...

Ah yes, the flip side of making up stories about other people is the creative WORRYING we do about our own people. An active imagination is both a blessing and a curse.

That ditch thing was pure poetry, by the way.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooh, I'm the same way, Amy. And with Deputy Dad being, well, a Deputy, you can just imagine what goes through MY mind every time he's late or I can't reach him on his cell phone.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh Amy, I know exactly what you mean about imagining husband hurt somewhere, lying in a ditch. I do that all the time when I can't reach mine and usually it is because he has done something silly like leave his cell phone in the car or something like that. But for those few minutes or hours, whatever it may be, my imagination goes just wild until I'm imagining what it will be like as a widow and I'm forced to tell myself to get a grip..lol. Extreme imaginations can be great things but they can also be exhausting PITA's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home