Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tag-o-rama

10 Years ago, I was doing the last few shifts as a waitress at the Lost Parrot Cafe in Chester, Nova Scotia, getting ready to have my first babe.

5 years ago, I was taking that babe to senior kindergarten, and getting ready to have my second babe. And I was scared as hell.

Yesterday, I got jay off to work, Sam off to school, then babysat my friends two kids,Cleaned in the afternoon, supervised Sam and his laughing buddy doing their homework for two hourswatched INXS with Jay, went to bed. Couldn't fall asleep for ever.

5 snacks I enjoy are nachos and guacamole, choc chip cookies, Mrs Field's style freshoutta my oven, Hickory Sticks, veg and dip, spring rolls, big shrimps, butter pecan icecream on a sugar cone...sorry, is that more than five?

5 songs I know all the words to: WAY more than five! I know the whole soundtrack from Sound of Music, Hair, A Chorus Line, and the Big Chill, to name a few. I know all the words to all the songs on Thriller,I know a hundred hymns, I know Air Supply and Prince and The Temptations and White Lionand Bon Jovi. Just for starters.

5 things I would do with a million dollars. Buy a cottage on a lake tucked in the trees.Pay off everything. Pay off my loved one's things. Put a porch on my house. Buy a full bonafide matching real wood (but not pine) bedroom suite. Hire a house cleanerto come in once a week for a year.

5 places I would run away to: Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, where I would open a little gift shop/tea room/pumpkin carving place. A remote little village in Italy where all they make isolives and cheese and wine. Iceland. Maine. My bedroom.

5 things I would never wear. Acid wash anything. Super high heels (de pain boss, de pain!)Nose/eyebrow/nipple/otherweirdplaces ring. Big real fur coat. (little one is okay, though?)A meat dress.

5 shows I love: Medium, Without a Trace, Laverne and Shirley, Backyardigans, Rock Star INXS.24, So You Think You Can Dance!

5 bad habits: procrastinating, not cleaning enough, exaggerating, being too self centred,and eating way too much sugar.

5 biggest joys: my kids, my family, spaghetti and meatballs, reading, going to school, going to church and singing, thrift store scouring, helping people.

5 fave toys: computer, TV, cross stitch stuff, that's all I can think of. Guess I am a grown up or something.

I shall tag Tracey, my sister Jen, and Mrtl. If you guys are up to it, that is.

Cheers!A.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

i'm up to it - just have to wait until the wee ones go down for a nap - loved yours! can't believe it was 10 years ago that sam was born and 5 for monty...

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

i just re-read this - very funny amy, love the "meat dress",no, i wouldn't wear that either!

and can i just say that "so you think you can dance" rock and rolls. you know, you coulda been a contender....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home