Thursday, September 22, 2005

Lookin for soul food an a place to eat

Whew.

All is restored. Except my address. Now it has a number 1 on it. So if anyone else wants to use this blog name, you must know that I be the ho who be numero uno.

I was a bit sad when I thought I had lost all those posts, all that complaining and rejoicing, all those hour by hour accounts of existence. All that me. But actually, I was kind of excited when Kristine suggested I just start anew. It was like, losing all your possesions in a fire. And then you get say, a fork and knife and plate. And a blanket. And a pair of shoes. And life is well, simple for a while.
Except, of course, it was not like that at all and I have absolutely no clue what someone goes through who really loses things that matter. Thinking about all the people who might be affected by Rita tonight.

Makes our little issues like high gas prices seem pretty petty indeed. You won't catch me complaining.

Monty went to karate for the first time tonight. Not sure if he is ready for it. He was a little silly and the sensai was scowling a bit at him. We are going to try again though. Lucy was a riot. She sat at the back of the room with me and yelled, "Sammy FIGHT! Hi Ya!" over and over.

And now I must go and do some chores. We don't need no hurricane round here. The place already looks like it.

A.

14 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger kalki said...

You're back - IT's A MIRACLE!!! Can I just tell you how much I missed you?

THIS MUCH. Perhaps even a little more.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! So glad to see you again. :)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Welcome back, Amy! I MISSED YOU!

*making mental note to change bookmarks and blog link*

*remembering that I never remember mental notes*

*now leaving to change bookmarks and blog link before I forget*

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you didn't lose everything, even if starting anew sounded a little refreshing :)

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Amanda B. said...

Yay Amy! You are back. :D

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger lawbrat said...

So glad it worked out well. What a freakish thing to happen! So strange.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Never That Easy said...

I'm so glad you found everything and that you're up and running again. *off now to wander through some of your old posts*

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Yay! You're back! I've updated my template, so we are back in bidniss...

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

yay!! even though i talk to you on the phone for an hour i was still missing your blog - i honestly checked, oh, about 100 times a day to see what was happening. glad you are up and running aim.
jen

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger c said...

Yay! You're back! The whole thing was quite confusing and odd, yes?

But it did inspire me to save all of my entries.

So that's good, I guess.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Q said...

YEAH! So glad you're back and "whole" :-)

Take care and have a great weekend!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, Amy, now you've done it.
Now I will have "Walk on the Wild Side" in my head all day long.

Sugar Plum Fairy came and hit the street
Lookin' for soul food and a place to eat
Went to the Apollo
You shoulda seen him go go go...

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

numba one, baby! numba ONE! dats you, baby - numba one!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Christy said...

So *now* you're like the woman who lost everything in a fire and then got a fork, knife, plate, blanket, shoes and life was simple for a while.

Then Extreme Makeover Home Edition heard about you and gave you your old house back with a slightly different address.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home