Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hey Hey Whaddya Say

Started my History of Slavery course on Tues. Not sure if I'm gonna like it, though. The prof seems a bit over-professional, with the big words and the throat clearing and the belittling of anyone who dared put their hand up with a comment.

And I thought it was a one book course, but it's like, six books. Six dry history books. Six books full of maps and legends and dates and facts. All that stuff makes my poor little artsy-fartsy-floaty-up-in-the-treesy-head-in-the-cloudsy-remembering-skads-of-lyrics-and-celebrity-dating-news-but-unable-to-retain-anything-academic brain.

But I will press on. Because it's the only night that works.

Is it September 15 already. When did that happen? Monty started school today. He was all depressed by the striped navy and red polo shirt that Gramma got him for his first day. I guess I made too much of a deal of it being handsome. So he went the other way, which is what you do when you are four, I suppose. But he did well at school, looked back at me a few times, with these big eyes like ball peen hammers to my heart.
Oh that kid, with his blonde brush cut and his bruised knees and his cassette player that he keeps in his room and listens to in the middle of the night. We only have a couple of tapes kicking around here, but no matter. So I get up to go to the bathroom in the wee hours and walk by his door and I might hear a little Sam Cooke, or Canadian Brass Christmas, or Arthurs Best Tape Ever.

And now, since tomorra is Stuff Portrait Day and I haven't played in ages, I will post one of the things. It is "Something Random".

Love This. Not sure where I got it from.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And that is all.
A.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you made it back safely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home