Sunday, October 16, 2005

Happy 10th Birthday Sammy

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When you were one you were chubby and happy and calm. And we went everywhere together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When you were almost three, you loved legos and your 'big blankie'. And you named your toy animals. There was Frank the Lion and Wanda the lizard and you had a pretend friend who you said was 'a chipmunk named Jim who lived in the forest'.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When you were almost four you loved Dinosaurs and Star Wars. And you started school. And you liked to wear vest-es that Grandma made for you. And you were best friends with Sara. And when you were about done being four, you turned to me the day before your next birthday and you said, "I don't think I want to turn five!"
And I said, "Why not?"
And you said, "Do I have to?"
And I said, "Yes, when you wake up tomorrow you will be five, buddy."
And you said, "Will I still have the same face?"


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When you were five you became a big brother! And you would sing your baby brother songs that you made up, like
'Oh Monty-dearie, I love you all in my heart,
Oh Monty-dearie, you are as smart as a smart,
Oh Monty-dear-eeee, your my lo-oove!"
And you learned to ride your bike without training wheels. And you stopped writing your name as "MAS" and started writing it as "SAM".

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At six you played with Lucas all the time. And you were a bat for Halloween. And your teacher was Ms. Sardo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When you turned seven you had a big thing for Spiderman. And you took drawing classes. And you started karate. You made up your own game called "Slip and Slide".

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At eight you were into X men. You drew them everywhere. And you started playing on the street with all the gang, Dimitri, Aris, Sam, Angelo, Daniel, Jacob, Matthew. And you became a big brother again! And you would hold Lucy any chance you got. And you would dance around and jump and do anything to make her laugh.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When you were nine you went on a train with Grandpa. And you got your purple belt. And you started to play the violin. And you had lots of homework. And you rode your bike with your friends farther from our house than ever before.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And now you are ten. And you will do a million new things before you turn eleven. And I am so lucky that I get to be here to watch you do them. And I love you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

14 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Happy birthday Sam!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger The Q said...

What a neat post and what a very cute young boy you have!

Happy Birthday to the Birthday boy no doubt!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! I still remember the day you were born and I became a "big cousin" for the first time:)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

what a great stroll down memory lane. happy day, Sam!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Happy Birthday Sam! You've grown up so much.
Amy, this is such a great post, with all the pictures as he's grown.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger kalki said...

Awesome post. Happy birthday, Sam!!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

That was just lovely, Amy. I need to do something like that for my daughters; I've been feeling awfully guilty that I didn't do newsletters for them like I've been doing for Big Boy.

Happy Birthday Sam!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Great post...I can't even stand the thought of my child turning 10. I wish they could stay little forever!!!

Happy Birthday to Sam!!!

(Nice to cross links with you Amy)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! Congrats Amy - what a fine boy you have!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Happy birthday, Sam!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Christy said...

8 months until my oldest turns 10...aren't we WAY too young to have kids this old?!

Happy Birthday Sam! Have a great day!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Happy birthday to your sweet boy!

Mine turns 14 soon, ahhhhh teenagers ack ack ack!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

What a handsome boy!
Happy Birthday!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

3 days late, but hoping the Decade Day was great, Sam! Amy, this was just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home