Monday, October 24, 2005

Bad Date

Mrtl's Motif Monday subj. is A Bad Date.

I remember one time I was sixteen and sort of dating this guy. He was very tall and skinny and insecure and he was a sort of actor. I was me, five foot one at the time. And we were walking along Lakeshore Drive in Burlington on a summer night. And there was a group of teenagers hanging out in front of one store and we walked by them.

They were just bratty kids goofing off, anyone who walked by probably got some kind of stupid commentary. They started snickering at us, and I thought I heard one of them say something about a beanpole, and another about us looking like Laurel and Hardy. We kept walking. It was only our third date so we were already not that comfortable, and this was awkward.

Once we got past them, I asked, just for conversation, "What did they say?"

And he said, "They were making fun of you because you are short."

That third date was our last date. I mean, honestly, what kind of guy does that?

Not my kinda guy, that's who.

BACK TO HORATIO KANE.

a.

6 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Cat said...

I am cracking up here in cube land and it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

That guy's response was so incredibly funny! What a tool. I hope you zinged him back with something like, "Watch your step. You don't want to trip here and hit your head IN MICHIGAN!"

Because that would have been AWESOME.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Yeah, um... they were making fun of you. Right. That's it.

*heh*

What a dork! Lots of chivalry in THAT guy, I can see. Makes a great story, though!!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Bad dates in the past only make the guy we picked now look better.

We hope, anyway. ;)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

Bucky- I hope your right. What about bad boyfriends? Do they count?

Amy...what a jerk! Thank goodness it was only date 3 and you could get out without much invested.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

He totally missed a golden opportunity for some light-hearted self-deprecation! It COULD have been a bonding moment..but..oh well.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said...

That insecure actor guy turned out to be Jim Carrey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home