Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Us is in August

Yesterday was a holiday here. I usually take a blogging break on the weekends, as do a lot of people. But lo, many many updates to read today. Production on other blogolas has been high and I almost need to get a babysitter to catch up.

Operation Beauty Bedroom is well under way. I really was disgusted with myself when I had to take those SPF pictures. Especially when I checked out other peeples bet-roomz and ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS NICER THAN MINE. So.

Sunday I did some major clear-cutting. Which is not cool when it is an Amazon Rainforest, but very good when it is a junk filled room that is supposed to be a refuge from everyday stressors but is actually quite the little stressor itself.

So. Six bags to Goodwill. (Di-int even go into the drug store first so I wouldn't inadvertently donate dish soap.) Clothes that don't fit. Shoes that I will never wear again. Books I am done with. Knick Knacks that I am indifferent to. I even cleaned out under me bed! Ahhh! Here were some of the things I had under there:

1. Piece of Pergo floor from when we did the dining room six years ago. (What did I think I was saving this for?)
2. FOUR mismatched slippers. I don't even wear slippers. They make my feet hot. Buh-bye.
3. Various bits of toys, like legos and pop-up pirate swords and little people and beanies.
4. A drinking straw, two sippy cups, one teaspoon, and a couple of old dried pieces of toast.
5. Single socks, a pair of needle nose pliers, and forty-six cents.

And lint. And dust. And flotsam and jetsam. You know. I know you know. After all this was cleared out I moved the bed to the other wall/window. Instant improvement. The room looks twice as big. Then I vacuumed. And noticed that when I painted a few years ago I didn't do the baseboards. Shite.

Then Jay got the computer out of there. Which made a big difference. There is nothing so unromantic as a huge printer blinking and carrying on beside your dresser. Computer is now in the dining room.

This morning I am off to Liquidation Clearance Overstock Slashed Prices Just Take This Junk It's Taking Up Space Outlet. To see if they have any curtains. And maybe some new bedside tables. Wish me Luck.

Have a great Mon/Tuesday!

A.

13 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redecorating is such fun! Good Luck at Liquidation World! I'm sure they will have something for you! Keep us posted and I want pictures!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

Isn't it just sooo satisfying to get the junk out? I did this last week with our guest-room-soon-to-be-boys-room. AHHHH! We will have houseguests b/t now & the time we can move the boys in, so i had to put some stuff back in for the time being. But the getting rid....it makes me want to find other stuff I can lose. Do you have a craigslist in your area? an awesome, hassle-free way to unload, while making a bit of cash. Also good for finding treasures.craigslist.org

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

I don't know how you get so much done with three kids. You're awesome.

On another note, MAN, I wish we had one of those stores here. It sounds heavenly.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger The Q said...

Good for you! Sounds almost like it was theraputic.

I can't WAIT to see the "after" pics!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am totally in the mood to throw some stuff out.

And the toast thing...was that a joke? I'm not passing judgment, I'm just asking...

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Strizz said...

do we get before and after pictures?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Awesome Amy, I'm so proud of you! When you get motivated, you really get motivated!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You go girl! Isn't that a liberating feeling?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love taking lotsa bags to the Goodwill, doesn't it feel great? I probably should take a bunch more, but I'm always reluctant to get rid of semi-nice things just because they are three sizes too small!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

luck wished!


oh and yes! we need more before pics and definitely, the after shots! (rubbing hands together)

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Me said...

I found a shit ton of diapers under my bed that I didn't know were there! lol.

I know what you mean about needing a fricken day off to catch up on everyone else's blogs. It's never-ending :)

Hope you found what you were looking for!!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Linda- Liq World had nada. Lots of scratch and dent furniture, but no linens.

mmc- Yes! Discarding stuff is like, an addiction with me right now. I am seriously tossing things in a bag for the goodwill right out of the dryer.

ladybug- Hee hee! My boys are at my parents for two sleeps! Otherwise it would be the same ole life of clutter.

Soozie- Absolutely 100 percent therapy.

Kalki- NOT JOKING about the toast. Kids, eh? I didn't even write about the yogurt container that had dried up yogurt still in it. I didn't want the whole internet to know about it.

oops.

Strizz- Totally.

crayonz- yeah, i am feelin good about it! Thanks!

Christy- thanks! I gone!

Mrtl- You know it, girl!

Mainline Momma- I HEAR YOU. But I am slowly getting better with that. By the time that little black skirt fits me it will not even be in style anyways, so buh-bye!

Annejeylnn- I is chargin up me batteries as we speak!

Beth- Yay for finding dipes! Bonus!

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to see the 'after' pics! And, toast? Thats it? LOL
I found a half gallon of ice cream under hunters bed once. With the spoon still in it. It had been there awhile....thank goodness we didnt get mice or ants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home