Friday, July 29, 2005

Dans La Boudoir - Stuff Portrait Vendredi

Well folks I REALLY WISH this particular SPF was next week. Because I have BIG PLANS for this room next week. Please think of these as the before pictures.
My Bed. Blech.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Note the lack of headboard. Because we put a window air conditioner, the headboard that I had oh so carefully antiqued last summer
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
which should be between the end tables is now behind Jay's dresser. So there is a full view of the peeling paint on the wall. And I need more pillows! And what's with that 2-dollar-spray-painted-gold-doesn't-even-cover-the-whole-area-mini-blind? It looks like Ms Hannigan's room from Annie. Had to take down my nice metal blind because of the air conditioner.

That air conditioner is ruining everything. My bed sucks. I don't even like the end tables that I decoupaged four years ago, thinking I was cool. Trust me. This will all be different next week. BIG PLANZ.

Wah Wah Wah. Moving on to the dresser (which, if you can believe it, I tidied up for this picture!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If you have to know, the dorky sheer fabric left over from something bow I have tied on one corner is because there is a huge crack in the mirror. Ms Hannigan lives on. And there is dust. Oh yes. And why, my friends, do I have a box of staples on there that has been there for three years? Any ideas? Also, while we are having question/answer period, we reded the bathroom last October, did we not? Yes? Good. So I ask you, why is the massive old mirror STILL BEHIND MY DRESSER? And the screen, removed for the (you guessed it) air conditioner, do you think we could maybe take that out to the garage? You do! Me too!

The only semi cool thing I have is this old tin bathroom shelf that I spray painted gold (hey, I bought a whole can and there was half left over after the mini blinds) and use for my jewelery and perfume. It is a bit cluttery, which WILL CHANGE NEXT WEEK. But I don't loathe it. That's something.

Finalement, there are fave pj's. I love me my satin cargo cami pj's. When I can actually um, find the cami part. Then they are just satin cargo T shirt pj's. But they are real comfy.

13 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

Hey, I like the purple sponge paint! And it sounds as if your whole bedroom is cool.....from the AC. I'll take being comfy over stylish any day. The ac vents are on the wall directly above my bed, and so we can't really put anything up there....but we're cool!!!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Renee said...

I love your headboard! Make sure you take "after" pics when you are done with the room! I wanna see!:-)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger The Q said...

What cool drink was in the glass with the straw on the dresser? Inquiring minds want to know.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kami said...

You're so crafty!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger amanda said...

your bed is made too! after your comment on my stuff, i was sure it wouldn't be!! :-)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the headboard. You are so crafty!! I am so NOT.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I can't wait to see *your vision*! Be sure to post after pictures! I think your room looks very comfy, and not very Ms. Hannigan-esque.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

Hey that's a good idea with the bow thingy.

I can't wait to see the after pictures!! Remind me to come see it when you're done okay???

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your self-deprecating commentary cracks me up. I can't wait to see the results after you have implemented the Big Planz!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Book Bums said...

I can't wait to see pics of your bedroom when you're all done!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

nice work on your headboard!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Bente said...

I'm also looking forward to the after photos! And that head board is gorgeous, Amy.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Me said...

Hi you! Sorry I've been MIA lately.

Love the bow on the mirror :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home