Wednesday, July 27, 2005

HI.

Aye-yai yai has it been that long since I posted. Oops.

Highlights from the past week include:

1. I lost the Lithium-Ion battery for my new(ish) camera. Wah! I took it out of the camera to put it in the charger. Couldn't find the charger. Went to computer to email Jay at work to ask where charger might be. PUT BATTERY DOWN somewhere in house. I have looked pretty hard for it, to no avail. Cost of replacement? $69.99. Nice.

2. I rented "Empire of the Sun" for myself and watched it. AWESOME movie. Stars a young Christian Bale (Batman this summer) as an English boy in an internment camp in WWII China. Also has John Malkovich. Really. Go get it.

3. I was going to drop off Sam at my SIL's place, and had the kids in the van. Everyone was yelling or crying. I backed out and hit the car that was parked right across from my driveway on the street. Honestly, who parks directly across from a driveway? I didn't see any damage, it was more of a love tap. But Sam jumped out of the car and started yelling down the street, "My MOM HIT A CAR!" Oh to be Mr. Fantastic and reach out the window with one strong long arm, grab him by the neck and yank him back into the car.

4. Operation Declutter is under way. I am determined to have this house in some sort of order by September. So I am dejunkifying and going through a million and a half pieces of paper and dropping bags off to the Goodwill. I would TAKE A PICTURE of my kitchen junk drawer that is spread all over the dining room table but remember number one.

5. It rained. Quite hard. Which I am sure pleased a lot of farmers. But it killed the gazebo/tent thingy that we just put up for the first time on Sunday! Stupid thing. The top part filled up with H2O and the poles bent in half under the weight. Didn't even get to enjoy a meal under it yet.

6. Took the kids to the Wave Pool on Saturday. It went pretty well. The boys had a ball. Lucy was a bit of a pain in the arse though. She just runs willy nilly all over the place, right into the water, falls down, etc. So I spent most of the time having a heart attack. Next time. We get a sitter for the redhead. Jay and I are thinking of going all by ourselves to the Wave Pool. Would be a fun date, floating in the water on a tube, going down the waterslides, hanging out without anyone crying.

7. Took the kids to see "March of the Penguins" on Monday. At that gorgeous old Movie Palace. I think it was a good movie. But don't quote me. Sandy and I brought five kids, two of which were Lucy (2 yrs) and Gabe (19 months). And they lasted about three minutes before they were escaping from their seats and crying and stuff. So I spent most of the movie walking up and down the street in front of the theater. Trying to get them to fall asleep. They didn't. So don't quote me.

8. Summer is fun for everyone, ain't it?

9. Today it is still raining.

10. Chiah! No wonder I haven't blogged. Nice list.

Toodles!

A.

8 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

yeah, i've done the walking in front of the movie theater thing - we took an 8 month abby to the premiere of the latest Lord of the Rings - the longest friggin' 3 hours of my life.
good god you have had a week! i'm pouring you a big bailey's over ice...

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. You need a Super Woman thong like Torrie has.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Saying a little prayer that your MIL doesn't brush the hair off your sweaty face this time....

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your forgiven for not blogging lately. What a time! Good luck on operation declutter. Its so not the funnest thing to do.

Love tap. Too funny.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Wow, you weren't kidding.

If you're one of those people that can get motivated by watching a TV show on organizing, you should check and see if you get the Discovery Home Channel. "Neat" is now one of my favorite shows.

http://home.discovery.com/tuneins/neat.html

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to check out the flylady...she's really cool with info on how to get yourself organized (http://www.flylady.net). I still use her methods to this day and I'm not perfect but I can now find scissors, tape, wrapping paper, even clean underwear at the drop of a hat!
I totally know where you are coming from!
Date thing sounds like a great idea and I'm checking out March of the Penguins! TTYL

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

For years, Empire of the Sun was one of my top 5 faves - now I can't make decisions of this "fave" nature with such finality... grrreat movie though!

You've definitely got cause to be busy... refering solely to your chillun' = enuff said.

ps - that totally sucks, 'bout your gazebo

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Wow, what a busy week! I think you deserve some sort of award.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home