Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tersday

See yesterday's comments if you commented! I actually replied to them! I always have intentions of doing this, and I never do. I admire those who diligently respond to comments on their blog. It is fun to go back to your comment and see what the blogger had to say about it. I think we all thrive with acknowledgement. The fact that someone hears us. I know I do.

Now the pregnancy rumors about me have officially begun, which is a laugh, because I am not pregnant. Not even a little bit. I was just sayin that the antibiotics I am on could make my bc pills less effective, and whoa nelly I am getting coupons in the mail for diapers already.

The thing is, I think three kids is good. There is a part of me that would love to have one more. The part that gets teary when I see a newborn pulling up his little legs to himself and yawning. The part that sees a chubby arm waving from a stroller and just melts. The part that loves to give a brand new person a name. The part that believes that if we have kids and do our best by them, they could grow up and change the world.

But as I said. I would have one more IF:

1. I was 33 instead of 35
2. I could be assured that I would not have restless leg syndrome and actually be able to sleep during the pregnancy instead of walking around like a fat zombie mombie, banging into walls and scowling at people.
3. Jay had a less stressful job and wasn't gone from 7am to 7pm most weekdays.
4. My degree was already finished.
5. My MIL didn't live with me, because then I would have a place downstairs where I could put the kids and not hear them sometimes.

I have more reasons. But I don't have any time left. Because the three I HAVE need sustenance. And refereeing.

Have a good Thursday. And for fun, answer me this: When you were young, how many kids did you think you would have? And now, how many do you have/want to have?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A.

15 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never wanted kids when I was growing up. Then, I had my first at 21. Second at 25, and sometimes I think I want one more, I...like you...have the age thing. 33 now. 4 years I'll be 37... to finish school school, get a job, get married, get pregnant. Seems like not enough time.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought about having kids until ....surprise! I was pregnant. Then I thought I would just have one. Now I have three with the fourth on the horizon....:-)

Joanne

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Bente said...

When I was young I was pretty specific about how many kids I wanted, what gender they should be and in what order they came: First a boy, then two years or so later twins; a boy and a girl with the boy born first. Yeah, I was a little nutty eh? Now I'm a mummy and I have one daughter so far, and I'm pretty sure I only want one more but I don't care whether it is a boy or girl.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

I always knew I wanted at least 2, but not sure after that. I have 2 boys now with a girl on the way. This birth scares me a bit because I remember the moment I had my 2nd I immediately wanted a third, and could see the attraction of those women who give birth 10 times....We'll see.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

i always thought i'd have 5 kids. well, after two i think i'm done. like you if i was younger...mind you renee is only 5 months so who knows 6 months from now...

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted two - a boy and a girl - and I had names for them and everything. Now, as you know, I'm not sure I want any. I do still like the names, though.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Girl From Ipanema said...

awe...so cute..

I think your reasons are so freakin' VALID...enough for me! :)

When I was younger I thought I would be a "young mom"...and have about 5-6 kids. Well, I'm now 31, and 1-2 is sounding more realistic. I at least want ONE! :)But, I have no control over that just yet...hmmmm..

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger c said...

When my nephew was born I was 11 and I announced to my family that I would have 6 kids. They all laughed knowingly.

When I got older, about college-aged, I decided I didn't want to have any kids. I was happy being the Auntie (I had 7 nieces and nephews by then).

Then, after two years of marriage, I unexpectedly got pregnant. We now have two (boy and girl) and we are SO DONE!

I love 'em, but I don't want to have any more.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never wanted children, always thought university, loft apartment downtown TO, all white furniture...then life happened and at 19 they started popping out...it took me till 27 to figure out how to stop it! Three darling daughters have provided enough entertainment for me!
Youngest is 14 and I can't wait till she's all growed up!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

I was just SURE I'd have two. Two BOYS, to be exact. (I didn't want girls, because of my horrible relationship with my own mother.)

Of course, as you know, I had TWO GIRLS. And then a boy.

And then I closed down the baby factory.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

..."instead of walking around like a fat zombie mombie, banging into walls and scowling at people." Does this mean everyone here in Vegas is pregnant? --some pretty grouchy, zombie-like people wandering around here right now, with all this hot weather.

ANywhoo - until the age of 12, I thought I'd be a pediatrician and a commercial artist on the side and adopt 5 children from China. No where in all that did I think I'd have or want a husband. kinda odd, eh? Now? well, I thought I'd have my first by age 28 and that didn't happen. It's possible I may be remarried and pregnant by the end of next year though. At least one, if not two...and that'd make three kids, counting mah honey-man's angel boy-O. Unless something stops us, I think we'll have our 3.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Vajana said...

i vehemently did not want children, having worked at a daycare with loony kids and then BAM of course i got preggers at 22.

I also thought if I did have kids it would be boys and of course I have two girls.

My husband is really pining for #3 but I do not see how I could possibly go back to diapers, potty training, no sleep, etc.! Agh! Decisions!!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Me said...

I always knew I wanted kids. I actually thought I'd have my first before 26 (actually almost 27). I know I'm definetely not done. Four is my ideal number, but hubby says 2...I think we're compromising at 3...but then you can't have an odd number...LOL...decisions, decisions. I'll tell ya in 10 years if I'm where I thought I'd be :)

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

When I was about 10 I wanted 12 kids. including two sets of twins (twin boys and twin girls) and I had names for all of them. and middle names.

When i hit 15 I decided I never wanted kids because I was all depressed and enver thought I'd live long enough to see them grow up. Oh the angst. then I fell pregnant when I was 17 and I would never be able to have an abortion, so here is kaidin!

Now I want another two kids - another boy and a girl, but I am so not falling pregnant until I'm married, I hope! No more run-away daddies for me

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I saw how hard it was for my mom to handle two kids and decided I wanted none of that. I do have one incredible little girl and that is enough for me- and sexy husband, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home