Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hola

Way-all it's Wednesday and I am reluctant to get myself up and at 'em. For no reason specifically except that I would really like to climb back into bed and read "The Bourne Supremacy" (again). I started it (restarted it) last week and I can do no more at night than read like, half a page before the book gets too heavy and I must sleep. So I have read the same half page like, sixteen times.

My van is BAck for the Attack! You can't stop it! You can't touch it! Dave the Monotone Mechanic called me to come get it yesterday. The vacuum plugs (hoses?) were crapped out. They are plastic and this heat is doing all kinds of stuff like this, he said.

Um. Did anyone else NOT know that there is a vacuum in your engine? I didn't want to ask for fear of looking stupid. (Because most of the time I just look so bloody intelligent, hah)

Any HOO. It was a hundred bucks. And now all is well and the car is running like a top. We even went to Burger King for lunch to celebrate. Kids had fun, but they also did their share of WHINING because the toy was still THE TORCH and not one of the other FANTASTIC FOUR GUYS. Wahhh. Spoiled millenium kids. Why I oughta.....

UTI is pretty much gone and I am feeling quite decent. Yay for Macrobid. Apparently it can affect birth control pillz so I must be cautious and take precausheeons and careful and wary and vewy vewy quiet. Or there will be a FOURTH. AAAHHH!

I scairt myself.

The thing is, I am the opposite of cautious. I am scatterbrained and reckless and unorganized. So I will have to actually go against my own true nature to accomplish NOT getting up the pole.

I might as well start thinking of names and buy a mumu.

A.

11 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Amy's havin' a baaaby. Jk. Yay for the van! Yay for no more UTI! Not so yay about the birth control thing...good luck with that!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the van is running smoothly. Was another baby something you wanted? You and hubby truly make lovely babies but.....
Restraint is required if no babies desired!
Have a great day Amy!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

glad the van is back on the track. no air conditioning and many kids on hot day = tortured mommmy.
and don't do the mumu's thing-even with a bun in the oven your legs are too nice to be under wraps. i think this time around ( if there is a this time) you should high-fashion maternity!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the pregnancy rumors have officially begun... (Oh Amy, have you learned nothing from my mistakes?)

Just so you know, the only way to shut up the rumors is to post I AM HAVING MY PERIOD on your blog. It's not pretty, but it's the only way.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Ew, KLOG. That ain't right.

Did I miss the "getting up the pole" reference? All I'm thinking right now is "Amy's Amateur Stripper Night."

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

You are so funny! The Monotone Mechanic! lol! Well...I don't know how you feel about having more babies but I would just die...good luck!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

a hundred buck Canadian?! holy cow you have cheap mechanics up there!!! even for a simple thing like vacuum hoses they rip me off.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pole, I think is ummmm, what is required from Amy's hubby, to do the deed, and may or may not result in a 4th.

Kalki is right...that is the only way to dispell pregnancy rumors. Shes in the know on this one. :-)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

that last line - think of names and buy a mumu??? I lost it (and I'm in CLASS right now!!!!)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Me said...

Goodness...for a minute I thought I missed something.....

Glad your van is back in tip-top shape. Vehicles can be such a bitch sometimes.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Bente- Thanks for the yays. And yeah, the luck too.

Linda- I think we are done having the babies. Three seems to be just under the mental breakdown radar most days. So restraint/caution is on the menu.

Jennifer- Yeah, IF (big IF) I was to be preggers again I would SO be high Fashion.

Kalki- You are so right! Girl, you had them chomping at the baby bit with your 'scare'.

Crayonz- "up the pole" I got from an Irish movie called "The Snapper", it's how they say someone is preggers in parts of Ireland.

Sandy- Thanks! He is the least expressive person I have ever met. I would probably die too, if I got P again. Then I guess, I would come back to life and have the baby.

Mainline Mom- Yeah i thought it was pretty good. He is a decent guy, that's why I bring mah vehicle to him. NO bedside manner, though.

Lawbrat- see response to crayonz- Hah! Jay's pole! I gotta tell him that one.

Anne-J- Hope you didn't have to sit in the corner!

Beth- Nah. Nothin goin on here. And Yeah, I wish we didnt have to drive anything, ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home