Monday, July 18, 2005

Meh Monday

I am just now pulling myself up and out of a shite weekend. Two things collided to wreak havoc on me.

1. Raging UTI.
2. Hubby gone fishing for the weekend.

It felt like all I did was drag myself from one room to another. And all I wanted to do was be home alone with a stack of VHS movies, a bedpan, and my antibiotics. Blech. By Saturday night I was in much less pain, but until like, tonight, I have had that all over crappy feeling. Breaking out in a cold sweat just coming up a flight of stairs feeling. Don't look in the mirror or you will turn into stone feeling.

And that little funky thing going on with my van got worse. So now my car is in the shop. Hoping it is nothing that costs too much. But what do I know. I know that I am housebound. Which has been okay cause I havent felt like going anywhere but by tomorrow.... It gets a little longofaday here with four kids (babysitting my neice for a couple of weeks.). Even a little one hour excursion to McD's for a cone can make all the difference.

Having a UTI sucks. Not to go on about my lady business, but after I had Sam, I had one for like two months that would not go away. And it was such a hard time for me. I had just had this kid, the birth was a train wreck, I was in a tiny cottage in Nova Scotia with no family around, we had no money (ate lots of potatoes with salt and cheap margarine, phone got cut off at one point because we couldn't pay the bill), and I was a sick, emotional basket case.

So having those same physical feelings brought on a kind of retro-active funk for me. I just felt kind of hollow inside and anxious and restless. Today is mucho better in that way, thank God it didn't last too long.

And now, mes amis, it is 20 minutes after seven which means that I can get one kidlet down, one ready to get down, and one on the couch being quiet watching a rerun of "The Wonder Years". Yes, Jay has night school. But it is HIS LAST CLASS. At least until September.

A.

12 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Aw, that bites the big one Amy. Glad you're starting to feel better, and let's hope the van thing doesn't take too long or cost too much.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger c said...

UTIs are no fun.

Hope the van ends up being not too expensive and a quick fix.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Bitch slap the van, and tell it to get back to work!

Damn, UTI's suck. Take your antibiotics like a good girl. Feel better!

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Feel better soon, Amy!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Ouch! Hope you and the van get well soon, Amy.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If I had a wish
That I could wish for you
I'd make a wish
for sunshine all the while....!"

(best enjoyed as a "melancholy croon" to the tune of "Sunshine on my shoulders"

To better days ahead Aim!!
Ang

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

could be worse...you could be in the mountains fishing with a UTI.

it happened to me and I swear I thoght I was going to die!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

I wouldn't wish a UTI on anyone - they're awful! I hope yours is gone sooner than later. One time I was so determined to fight/prevent one, I bought 6 large containers of cranberry juice (low-sugar kind) and drank them constantly until they were gone - took me less than 3 days! that's at least 2 per day!!! I carried them with me in the car even, drinking while at intersections, and every stop light. AND I was drinking water on top of the cranberry juice. I was peeing constantly! and it worked! I never had to see the doc or take any meds for it - I've done it one other time since - only had to drink 3 containers of juice the last time. Maybe it was a fluke, but I haven't had a full blown UTI in years.
Again, hope you feel good as new soon and good luck w/ the van.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Me said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Broken vehicles suck a big one. Hope they fix it soon....and for cheap.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Much sickness in the blogosphere lately. Hope you're feeling much better today, hon.

HUGS.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better Amy!! Even though I know it is sooo much better for you being back in Ontario with your family and friends I sure do miss ya here in Nova Scotia!!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Heh. My sister-in-law had a "raging UTI." Turns out she was actually three months pregnant.

Just sayin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home