Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Look Ma, No Sewing!

Phase One: The Window Treatment is well under way. I wanted something romantic and impressive. Found nu-thing at that Liquidation place, so I went to Ikea. I did not find anything in the ready made curtains except one pair of burgundy silk drapes that were 95 dollars a pair. And the colour didn't do anything for me. But I did find THIS.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The kid I already picked up a couple years ago. But look!
Gorgeous green brocade fabric with embroidered flowers, and a stripey reverse side that could not match my walls better. 9.99 a metre/yard. So I bought that. But I don't sew. At. All. So I bought the curtain rod with the clippy thingys. And I just flipped over the top end so the stripey side shows as sort of a trim. And a thinner curtain rod and two cheap lace fabric panels. Ahem. So here is a before picture.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, after not too much work, here is the after.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Please keep back from the display. The headboard isn't exactly attached yet, it is just kinda leaning on the bed. And I know at some point I will have to hem these babies (or my ma will, anyways) or they will fray like a SOB. But it is coming along. I need pillows now. Luckily, I have fabric left over from the curtains! So I can hand-sew one cushion with the green and one cushion with the stripey side. Beauty.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I bought two inexpensive little round metal tables at Ikea for side tables. Got rid of those other decoupaged monstrosities. Lots more to do, so stay tuned to channel A folks, it's a ride!

A.

16 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Heather said...

The curtains look great Amy! And I must say that you are an inspiration to the rest of us that are, let's say, lacking in talent with a needle and thread! Maybe one day I'll even tackle the curtain situation in my own bedroom but right now I'm having way too much fun following your adventures!

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE. THE. CURTAINS. And I'm amazed that they look like that with no sewing! You didn't tell us you had the touch.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

Those drapes are gorgeous! And if you don't get around to hemming the trad. way, hot glue works in a pinch! Happy decorating.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Ooooh! VERY NICE. You go, girl!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger The Q said...

I too am stunned that they look like that with NO sewing involved.

Nu-uh!

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might wipe my butt on you drapes.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

HEY LOOK, it's your next WTF? post above!

I must say I love the fabric. It turned out so well. So the stripes were on the other side and it was only $9.99/meter? Crazy. You did a lovely job, Amy.

Sigh, I wish I had an IKEA so I could wipe my butt with it. Okay, the first part of the sentence (before "so") is true.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

ummmm?

anyway,
i love the fabric - i mean, really love it. can't wait to see the rest aim.
jen

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Candy said...

That looks fantastic!!! I have bedroom envy. mine is still torn apart with half crappy wallpaper half removed, and bare walls that need paint. You did fantastic.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Bente said...

What's with all the crazy comments you're getting eh?

The room looks fantastic Amy! What a great job.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A true inspiration. Looks great!! What a pick me up when ya start putting your creative talents into your home eh?
Ang

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yeah, what is it about your curtains that brought out the freaks (that would be me) and the butt wipers?

Love the curtains. You have improved the look of that room in a big way.

Do you do consulting?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Wow - Looking Goooooood!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWZA!!! That looks awesome, you are one crafty chick .... Nat

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow that's amazing! You are soooo crafty! Not like me.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

what a resourceful gal you are! looks fabulous! A++ for your creativity and the eye to recognize potential!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home