Monday, July 11, 2005

Finally I can tell you about this!

For almost two months we have been planning a big surprise party for my mom's 60th birthday! And because she reads my blog, I could write nothing about it! But it happened on Saturday! So now I can tell you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Alright, enough exclamationizing already. We had a big part-ay for Adrienne's 60th, rented a hall, got a band, invited a hundred people. It was GREAT! It really went well, lots of helping hands and careful planning meant that there were very few 'glitches'. My mom knew we were doing something, but she had no idea what. So she looked totally gorgeous when she walked into this funky old museum building and to the backyard where everyone was waiting for her, standing in the sun with smiles and good wishes!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was a great night. I blogged before about my cousin's band, Red Hill Road. My mom just loves their stuff so we had them come and play.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is me and my sister Jen (left) and Siobbhan (right). Ladies lookin' good all cleaned up! Someone took one of the four of us kids, I must find out who so I can post it too. Then you can see how cute my big bro Charlie is.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a pic of some of us. Do notice the 'bar tent' on the left, carefully decorated with flower lights and paper lanterns. You just gotta have 'em.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I didn't take enough pictures, but I am going to track down who's got more and do a nice album up for me ma. Happy 60th Mom! You are truly an awesome lady and it shows in how many people showed up to your party with eagerness to be there and wish you happy birthday. I mean, if you knew my ma. She is just about the nicest, funniest, prettiest, smartest, kindest, calmest, lovingest, most graceful person you could meet. I had damn tears in my eyes just waiting in front of the building for her and my dad to turn the corner, thinking about her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Love you, Mom.

A.

13 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do. Your mom is so cute! And girl, you are frickin' adorable! I hate that your haircut is cuter than mine.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad it went well! You're mom sounds splendiferous - bless her!
Ang

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger c said...

How lovely!

And how much do all you women look like each other? All beautiful, of course!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Wow, looks like it was a great time! It's no secret where Lucy gets that gorgeous red hair!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, how sweet! I got all tear, just reading about it, Amy.

I'm not Canadian, so I'm not sure if I'm legally allowed to say this, but here goes:

Good on ya!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Me said...

What a great surprise! I'm sure she had a wonderful time and absolutely loved it!!!

Great pics too! I love the one with you and your sisters!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

What a fantastic surprise. I planned a small party for my mom's 50th in February and it bombed. There was no bar tent with cute lights.

Your mom is one lucky lady.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I second what you said about your mom what a fantastic lady wish I was there...everyone needs a little Aunt Ade in their lives:)

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! What a great surprise for her. Looks like it was a very happy day.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

You're mom is beautiful!!

Happy birthday!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

what a total sweetie you are (as if we did't know this already) - kudos to you and ya par-tay! schweet! I'm sure your mum what totally thrilled.

oh and I am so gunna use this: "exclamationizing"

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

everyone looks like they had so much fun! and your post is so sweet. and you know that bunny? with cotton balls coming out it's arse? I had one too. Mine was blue tho.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

It was a great party. I'm glad I could be there. And even if I didn't get to socialize with your family too much, I know they're all great. Plus...I got to spend all night in the coolest bar tent!

Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home