Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Before and After

Okay. Two years ago we went to a friend of Jay's from work's place. His name is Mike, and his lovely wife is Pat. They have a pool. The kids have a ball there. When we went, Lucy was just about three weeks old. We took a family picture (the only one we would take altogether for a year or so) sitting on Mike's deck.

We went there again on Sunday, and I thought it would be neat if we took the same picture. Cause I jus' loves me some photo comparisonizing.

So. Here is July 2003

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is July 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lucy! Quel difference! She is totally lookin' for the boob in the first pic. In the second, she is looking to get the hell outta there and back to the pool.

One of the bummers is that in those two years between the photos I had about six different hairstyles, but managed to have almost the same haircut in the end. Wah.
What's with my hair, anyways. I think I have this fun modern haircut, SO 2005. And yet. Here is me at five years old.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And thirty years later!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Um, same haircut, no? What the heck am I paying forty bucks for when my dad can just get the garden shears out like back in 1975 and do the same thing?

I know what youre thinking. Who's lookin at the hair when that pointy CHIN is in the picture. Yikes. I could cut carrots with that thing.

A.

12 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face it girl - you're hot! Take ownership of that beauty and fly with it!
(I'm not trippin' - just tired!)
Ang

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger c said...

Damn you have some good hair, girl.

I WISH my hair could look so good!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Even if it is a little similar your hair looks GOOD. And so cute!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger cakeboom said...

Damn fine hair! And I love the time-lapse photography. Your family is gorgeous! I must note that your hubby's hair didn't change much, either.

Can I borrow that little red-headed girl sometime!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog. I'm going to bookmark you.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

I was thinking what mrtl said. It cracked me up that, in the second pic, you were tying down one child, hubby was keeping one from running away, and the third child was resigned, but not happy. Teehee.

As for the hair. There's probably a reason you keep going back to that haircut. It looks cute. It's very flattering. And who doesn't want to embrace their inner 5-year-old? ;o)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

i love this hair on you - i also seem to keep coming back to the one and only bob. we sloan gals ain't much for change -in the hair department anyway.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Jay's still got a shiny head, the boys are still wiggly...the major change I see is isn't Lucy, it's in you.

In the first picture, I want to take you by the hand and get you someplace horizontal for you to take a nap. You have the "Mother of a 3 week old eye glaze" going on.

You look far more rested now. ;)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

I peeked at this post of yours last night (too late at night to offer any kind of coherent comments)

#1 you gots the cutiest (yes, cutIest) family!?!? my goodness woman! LUCKY LUCKY you!

#2 I love those pics of you paired together! - 5 yrs old vs now - so damn cute are you!

#3 did I tell you already you gots the cutiest FAM? so cute! it's killin' me! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

#4 - good thing your man took advantage of the 80s when he could (allowed him to enjoy his hair worn super long while he had some!) hee hee - totally cute though, with or without the long locks!

#5 did I tell you already that you guys are SOOOO KAHuTE?!?

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since that 2003 pic you haven't aged a day, girl!

But you need to stop showing people your cute hair. Because I have so far managed to convince people that I have the cutest haircut on the internet, and so we can't be havin' any evidence to the contrary. Mmmmmkay?

(But seriously, you are frickin' adorable.)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Me said...

You were such a cute kid!!! And I loooove the short do. You look so adorable!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Super darling. Great idea on the before and after pics. Lookin for the boob - so funny.

I think my jaw dropped when I saw the 5 year old cut and 2005 cut. Unbelievably similar! Just be thankful you don't have the bowl cut bangs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home