Monday, May 02, 2005

Happy Early Birthday to Me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After months of thinking about it, I bought this. It is the
NovaForm Elite "Memory Foam" Mattress Topper

"Developed for NASA to provide relief for astronauts undergoing G-forces, this revolutionary "Memory" foam mattress topper immediately responds to your body's heat and molds around you, relieving pressure points and improving circulation. With exceptional therapeutic cushioning and support, you will enjoy a peaceful night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and rested."

And it's TRUE. I have suffered (And I mean SUFFERED) from restless legs and restless sleep for years. I can be tired beyond tired, go to bed, and lie awake till 4 am tossing and turning until I could cry. It has gotten worse during pregnancies, and as I get older (blech) I find that it gets a little worse every year. Poor Jay has been sleeping with Mrs. Fidget all this time. So not only have I been getting poor quality sleep, so has he.

I have taken iron, cut back on caffiene, taken multivitamins, antideppressants(which made it worse), clonazepam(which caused me to have a little car accident because I was drowsy), lorazepam (which did nothing), gravol, actifed, and other items I can't even remember. I have gone for a brisk walk before bed for a month. I have stretched more than a yogi master. I have pummeled my legs with my own fists, taken scalding hot baths and freezing cold ones.

I have tried alot of things. Probly not everything. But an A plus effort nonetheless. Once I even took a crib mattress and slept UNDER it to try to keep my legs from wanting to move. Didn't work.

But this memory foam mattress cover. It might be the thing. I have slept for the past three nights. Not right through the night, but definitely I have slept harder than I have in a long time. I think it is because the foam sort of hugs your body and keeps it in place. It really is lovely. You feel yourself sort of sink into it like quicksand. But without the whole drowning thing. You only sink so far.

I am impressed with the Novaform Memory Foam Mattress Topper. It was expensive, $144.95 plus tax, but hey, what is sleep worth to you?

Besides, I got it at Costco. Where they have the delicious money back guarantee. So if this is just the honeymoon phase and after a week I am still tossing and turning, I can take it back.

But I don't think I will. I hope I won't. I want to sleep when I am tired. It is such a simple thing until you can't do it.

Alright, well, Army's self indulgent Novaform post is over and OUT.

A.

8 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Costco..the most perfect return program ever. Since they lose too much stock to theft with change rooms, the nixed the change rooms and hired another custoer service person. Basically if you bring the item back, without tags or the bill, they will still take it back and give you cash.

Sleep tight, Mrs Fidget!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Strizz said...

A comfy bed is so hard to find.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

My mom needs that!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great advertisement! I want one. 144 for a half decent nights sleep is not so bad. I tried those feather bed things, but it wasent so great. Oh well. The things we do for sleep!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

I have BAD circulation problems - and my legs and feet swell by the end of the day. I have the foot of my propped up about 3 inches...not so much that it makes one's head rush w/ blood, lying on an incline like that...it helps me, but I still often toss and turn and kick. Sometimes I hold my legs up in the air to force them to rebalance. Good luck w. the space age mattress pad. I'm takin' notes here.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Christy- Thanks I will!

Meredith- Um, no. But I am all for space ship technology in the home.

Strizz- yep. Darn near impossible unless you got tons o moola.

Kristine- We should totally start a "Fonz Mattress Pad Fundraizer"!

Lawbrat- Yeah, it is actually a priceless thing to sleep well.

Annejelynn- I have never heard of the incline thing. Sounds interesting. Sorry to hear you have circ and sleep probs too.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get a good nights sleep about once a year so I am insanely jealous - I am so goingt to come to your house and sleep in your bed.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I have thought about buying one of these as well, my hipa hve trouble because of my bone grafts and I never have slept well.

Im really thinking maybe I should try this out after all.

Update us later and let us know if its still doing the job for you, please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home