Sunday, March 27, 2005

Nice Easter Day

All in all. I am tired so I ain't feelin' the muse right now. But it was a decent day. Getting to churchola by 8:45 am with the three kids was a bit hoola, more than usual because I wanted them to look nice, so there was more running around for matching socks and stuff than usual. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS HOUSE UNDER CONTROL. Case in point. Put out Easter treats for kids last night. Put away bag of leftover stuff I had bought for my nieces. Went to look for said bag this morning but it was gone, sucked up into the vortex that is my messee house. Blech. You know its bad when a bag of treats can disappear. I mean, a pack of smokes or something would be one thing. But large objects blending in with the surroundings of clutter is disturbing.

AnyHOO. Church was nice, I missed rehearsal last night as my lady was sick, and two of the songs I have literally never heard before. So there I am on stage, just winging (and, lets face it, lip synching just a bit) to these songs. It's weird. I don't play an instrument and can't read music, but after hearing a few lines of a song, I kind of 'get' what it's doing, and can kind of just sing along. Handy, when you think of it.

So it was a nice service, I could have done with one or two more upbeat songs, but whaddya gone do. I do like Easter sunday at church, with the kids all dressed up and the lilies everywhere and that impending springy hopeful feeling.

Then we went to my parents and had brunch. I mean, meat and eggs. Seriously. Teal sausage, bacon, ham. Quiche, scrambled eggs, english muffins slathered in butter. Y.U.M. Gotta love a salty meaty scrumptious brunch. And my little niece Renee Meadow is just getting gorgeous. The kids were cute with their indoor egg hunt. I did have to firmly suggest to Sam to SLOW down and LET the OTHER kids FIND the EGGS TOO. He just gets all excited and it must be a great feeling to be the oldest one, the fastest and most cunning, when it comes to the hunt.

Now I have a lot of chocolate to hide. In my yap, preferably.

Ahhh. Like I said, Lucy had this wicked wicked virus that totally knocked her on her five inches wide across bum for five days. I have never seen a kid so lethargic. It was freaking me out a bit that she would wake up from her nap, then come downstairs with me and in five minutes, be back asleep on my lap. Poor lady girlfriend.

But she is very much on the mend so that's good.

Tell me in the comments if the whole child illness thing bores you. I can take it.

I have this thing about people who blog about being sick. It kind of bugs me to read a string of posts about the blogger being sick, describing every snotty detail, like it is some fascinating thing to describe a common cold. Don't get offended. I have indulged in this myself once or twice in the past year. It's your blog, you can write whatever you please. I just hate when it is like, a motif.

Among other news, I sold a piece of vintage fabric yesterday on ebay, a single yard of 70's fabric with dogs and bunnies on it, for $43.00 US. I tell ya, ebay is such a kick when it's like that. It's why I keep comin' back for more.

Sam just asked me if I can download the notes for Ozzy's song, 'Mr. Crawley', so he can learn it on guitar. What a kid.

Alright well, I better go. I promised myself that I would clean the kitchen tonight. It would really suck not to be able to find the bread tomorrow morning because it is buried under all the rubbish.

Ciao. And Happy Easter!

A.

5 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for blogging - being Easter and all! Glad you enjoyed the day. Are you in the choir or something at your church? Do you get to wear a nifty gown and the whole bit? Who says nifty anymore??
Ciao!
Ang

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Well.. said...

1) i didn't notice you weren't singing, and i was on stage.. so no worries.. im sure your singing was great, and when you weren't..you had me fooled!
2) i will keep in mind to never include my state of health in my blog entries :o)
3) kids sickness is not boring, its cute.. and reminds me to admire and respect all you super moms!
4) happy easter

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Well.. said...

1) i didn't notice you weren't singing, and i was on stage.. so no worries.. im sure your singing was great, and when you weren't..you had me fooled!
2) i will keep in mind to never include my state of health in my blog entries :o)
3) kids sickness is not boring, its cute.. and reminds me to admire and respect all you super moms!
4) happy easter

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Well.. said...

1) i didn't notice you weren't singing, and i was on stage.. so no worries.. im sure your singing was great, and when you weren't..you had me fooled!
2) i will keep in mind to never include my state of health in my blog entries :o)
3) kids sickness is not boring, its cute.. and reminds me to admire and respect all you super moms!
4) happy easter

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Well.. said...

hahaha!! my comments went crazy!
it said that it wouldn't let me comment, so im so sorry that i did it three times. haha i cant help but laugh. ahh thats so embarassing. my bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home