Monday, March 14, 2005

March Break Day One.

It is 9:24 am. So far I have timed Monty out in his room three times. Once for screaming at the top of his lungs for not being able to have a Rice Krispie square for breakfast, once for pulling Lucy back and forth at the top of the stairs by her shirt collar, and once for fighting with Sam.

Sam has had two meltdowns, actually one is happening right now! It's fun! I told him he wasn't to go on my computer. He went on my computer. I said, "Get off of my computer". He said, "I am just going to go downstairs and go on the other computer." I said, "NO, you are not. You are not going on the computer until you have practised violin."

And he said, as he is wont to do these days, "Yes, I AM." And he went downstairs and turned that baby on and started drawing a shamrock in Microsoft Paint.

With a deadly calm I went downstairs and said, "Get off that computer. And now you have directly disobeyed me, so you will not be playing any PS2 today." I turned around and went back upstairs.

Release the emotional floodgates. He screams like someone has just stuck a knitting needle in his eye. "MOMMY, NO! PLEEASE! I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!"

I go back upstairs, sit at the computer with Lucy on my lap. He follows me on his hands and knees, wailing like a siren. And he is still there. I can't see him but from the sounds echoing off the hallway walls I think he must be laying on his back, hammering his heels into the floor. "GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE! PLEASE!"

Nope. It's the first day of MB and we are setting some ground rules here. Now please, help me to be STRONG. I must hold my position. I must not give in, no matter how the fluid around my eyes is vibrating with the sounds of discord coming from the hall.

It is 10:04. Aiyaaa, Monty has just climbed up on the counter to get himself a handful of chocolate chips. Gotta go pry those out of his hand. The noise will get very loud in here. So loud, you may even be able to hear it out there. So I will sign off.

Later!

A.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Amy said...

testing my comments. Not sure but Blogger comments are being tempermental with me, i lost the ones from yesterdays post somehow.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Oh, I'm with ya', woman. Our break is the week after easter, but Kylie has been home just over 2 hours from school and there have already been two fist fights, 4 hissy fits, 3 acts of bribery and 2 time outs.

I'm not looking forward to being left alone with these two evil people during break! I talked Colin into taking some of his holidays during that time...I sure as heck wasn't alone when they were created, so I'm not doing this whole thing solo. ;)

God speed, Amy!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Having to be the tough mom. Gotta say I hate it - but someone's gotta do it. Is it a problem that I can totally relate and I only have one that can talk so far?
Hang in there!
Ang

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

i'm glad you tested blogger comments because they were being very bad last week. i would say that blogger comments get no ps2 for a month.

bless you, woman, because you have a lot of patience. you know, especially when there is more than one child in the house, keeping any semblance of discipline is a true art form. I swear, my two kids have team meetings each night about their plans of parental attack.

they're worth all the pain. everyone knows that. but JUST barely. not enough people know THAT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home