Friday, March 18, 2005

Finishing 'Watermelon' by Marian Keyes right now. Of course what can you say about MK. Her books read themselves right in front of you, you can't even stop them once they get going.

Had a fun girls dinner out tonight at Cafe Limoncello with Tracy, her friends Teresa and Heather, and Sandy. Nice time! A ton of laughs and lovely (Italian (I know, I will be checking into the Italian Food Rehab Clinic very soon.)) food, and great to go out with the gals and actually look someone in the eye when they are talking, instead of half listening to the person and half listening to see if someone needs you to wipe their bum or not, or starting a great story and then flying out of the room because someone has knocked a plate off the dining room table, then someone else has just made an escape attempt out the front door, then the phone rings, then you finally get back to your story but the magic is gone, you don't know what you were talking about in the first place except is there any more tea? And no, no sugar but would you just grind a few tylenol in there?

So yeah. Nice night out on Ottawa Street!

Tomorrow we may go see about a van. The kidlets are getting a little condensed in the back seat, and the knocking of heads and arguing can really get to a person in the front seat, namely me. And daddy. Plus it would be nice to not have to take two cars if MIL wants to come with us anywhere or if Sam wants to bring a friend, etc.

Alright well now I am boring myself with this blog entry. Apologies all around. Sleep well. And if it is tomorra and you are reading this, well, Wake well.

Ciao!

A.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Doh poor Mommy. I'm glad you had a night out. You sound so tired out by the kids with the breaking of plates and the butt wiping. You love them though. That I can feel. Hard working moms like yourself go through all of that but still can't imagine life without them. My mom contended with me and 3 brothers. We put her through hell but she loves us and now that we're grown and on our own, she misses us like hell. I'll take off my mush jacket now. Oh and work really isn't that bad. TTC goes on strike so be it. Worst comes to worst I can and will work from home.

Have a nice weekend.

dc

p.s you mentioned that you lost comments on a posting from a few days ago. I mentioned in that one that your message about your friend Heather was very beatiful and so was she. If you read that already then fine I said it again.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Amy, if that's what dinner with kids is like, I suggest someting stronger than Tylenol in your tea. ;)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Strizz said...

I love books like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home