Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mrtl tagged me!

For those who don't know what this means, (like how I was five minutes ago until I found out), you get tagged by a blogger who has answered questions on their blog and you have to answer the same questions on your own blog. At least, that is what I think is going on.

Forgive me for not linking the book names, I still can't figure out how to do it, though it ain't for lack of trying.

1. What book would I like to be?
Ummm, this is weird to think about but I guess I would like to be a medical book, a great big expensive one that lists all the diseases so I would know what is wrong with me or not wrong with me any time a symptom came up. Plus they are heavy and important.

2. Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character?
When I was a kid I had a crush on Deenie, you know the girl in Judy Blume's book who is really pretty but has scoliosis. I just wanted to be her. And I also loved Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. Right now I kind of like George Shrink's dad. Check him out! He's cute.

3. What is the last book I bought?
I buy lots of books used. Last one was Roots by Alex Haley.

4. What is the last book I read?
I just finished "The Lords of Discipline" yesterday. Finally. I cried at the end. It took me six weeks to read that book. But that was prob'ly because I read "Watermelon" and "The Hundred Secret Senses" while I was reading the Lords. Great great book. Um, Books.

5. What book am I currently reading?
Roots. Just started it today. And I am peeking into my hubby's Stephen Ambrose Band of Brothers too. (Shh! Don't tell him. He will get all worked up because he will think I will wreck it or lose it on him.)

6. What 5 books would I take with me if I were stranded on a desert island?

Geez. Is there a "How to Roast Wild Meat and Influence Other Castaways?" Cause I would definitely bring that.

I would bring Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer because it can't be overread.

I would bring the Norton Anthology of American Literature Part One and Two. And I would have nightly recitations of Wallace Stevens on the beach.

Something long and tedious would be good. Moby Dick, or Catch 22. Because when else would you bother unless there was nothing else to read?

And, um, that book that has all the movies in it, like the Movie Guide or something? Then I could reminisce about all the lovely movies I've seen.

Okay, I will tag some people on their comments now. Look out!

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mention of Norton Anthology of American Literature Part One and Two? It makes me tingle.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. - enough with the 5 trillion pages you've read this past week! Leaves a few of us feeling a tad inadequate - particularly those whose latest reads include "People," um, "People" and um, well, let's leave it at that already!
Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home