Wednesday, March 16, 2005

50 Things about me

1. I need a pedicure. Well, I want a pedicure.
2. My neck and shoulders are stiff from 'the hill accident'.
3. I had tea and oatmeal with too much brown sugar for breakfast.
4. My middle name is Eileen.
5. My daughter is heading to the bathroom to play in the toilet. BRB.

6. I had my appendix out when I was 16.
7. My last time trick or treating was when I was 24. Seriously.
8. Confrontation gives me a stomachache.
9. Singing in church makes me feel like a million bucks, whether I am off key or not.
10. One time I stole 20 dollars off someone's desk.
11. I have no wisdom teeth. And only a little bit of actual wisdom.
12. I love to make my friends laugh on the phone.
13. I have an older sister, an older brother and a younger sister.
14. My bedroom is only clean for the first ten minutes after I clean it.
15. I would pay someone to clean my house but it is never organized enough for someone to come and clean it.
16. I get depressed at how disorganized I am.
17. I am going to jump on the bandwagon and get highlights this summer. I think.
18. I went to all girls Catholic high school.
19. I loved my high school.
20. First kiss was grade seven in a closet with Jeremy Hanrahan. It was kind of crummy.
21. I just got an email. BRB.

22. When my husband comes home from work at the day's end, I still get this little fluttery feeling in my stomach.
23. Until I was about fourteen, I was going to be a nun.
24. And no, I didn't lose my virginity at fourteen. I just didn't want to be a nun anymore.
25. I can crochet and cross stitch but who on earth has the time.
26. I sell stuff on ebay.
27. I used to be terrified of tarantulas. I thought they were climbing up my bed posts every night.
28. When I was a kid, I used to rock in my bed, up on my knees, hanging on to the headboard. I used to tie my bed to the radiator with a scarf or it would rock across the room.
29. I also used to eat spoons and spoons of brown sugar all the time. Zinc deficiency anyone?
30. I dream about flying, or at least hovering, all the time.
31. I am a generally positive person by nature.
32. I failed grade 12 math and the next time I took it I passed with a 50.
33. I could have done way more with school. I mean, I could have done way more school. Or something.
34. I am slightly knock-kneed.
35. When my kids are asleep and I go into their rooms and look at them, I get overwhelmed with how much I feel about them.
36. I love carbohydrates. In all forms.
37. I hate fad diets. I wish we would all stop talking about them and just eat already.
38. Last time i weighed myself I was 123 pounds. In my twenties, I weighed 110 pounds and I honestly thought my ass was so enormous it couldn't fit through a door.
39. When I am with good friends, I feel strong and happy.
40. I talk too much.
41. I love details. I loved it yesterday when my neighbor was talking to my other neighbor outside, and he reached down to the lawn and picked up a piece of old paper, and folded it up and put it in his back pocket, all the while talking.
42. I really should be getting ready to go out.
43. I always have a beverage on the go. And a book or two on the go.
44. I wish someone would tell me my perfume smells good on me. I used to wear Red Door and got tons of compliments on it, but since then I have never found a scent that anyone would care to comment on.
45. My thirty-fifth birthday is coming up May 11.
46. I am ambivalent about it...I think.
47. I love Hickory Sticks. One of my favourite things to do when I was a kid was get a bag of Hickory Sticks, a book and a big blanket, and wrap myself up like a samosa and sit on the porch when it was raining and read and munch my Hickory Sticks. My dad once told me I looked like 'an old fishwife' out there.
48. I had two miscarriages in 1999.
49. I wish I had a diamond engagement ring. I just have a wedding band.
50. I am outta here.

A.

7 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Well.. said...

most definetly with you on the hickory sticks bit! i love those guys! ..cept when i go crazy and dont chew enough and they cut my throat all the way down. aand my mothers birthday is on may 11th. who knew.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

what the heck was it with those spoons of sugar - mom should have let us have 'sugar cereal'!
great post amy - even though i am your sister i didn't know all of these - most but not all. like the stolen $20? whose desk? when? where? must have been after you gave up the dream of becoming a bride of christ!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Nice list, I feel like I know you a little bit. You didn't put that you're a "crack" Google researcher, too!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

wow. Amy, I found your list to be, um, rather touching...to know and recognize things about yourself like that. Just things - not listing what's good or bad, necessarily. Random information about you. Most likely things that people close to you love you for...things that make you, YOU! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're only 34? And 123 pounds?You darn, cute little samosa you!
Ang

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Christy said...

When you get on the sled willingly, is it fair to still call it the hill "accident"? *grin*

The "old fishwife" bit made me laugh. I used to head to the porch with a big blanket and the SEARS wishbook to watch the boys from the neighborhood play street hockey.

And has anyone ever told you how good your perfume smells? ;o)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

sorry about the miscarriages :(
I turn 32 on May 9th. I'll be sure to give you a shout out.

dc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home