Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Flowers in the Attic

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is where I put 'em if they are gettin me hectic.

Nahh. This is THE FORT. The space under the bed in Sammy's room and behind the dresser. When the kids are getting along, they spend an hour or two in here. Sam makes up some sort of 'club' and they work on 'papers for the club'. First it was a Spiderman club and they had little membership cards and put up pictures of Spidey and brought in spidey paraphenalia (sp). Another time it was 'Lucy Land' and they brought in pics of Lucy and all her favorite things. It has also been Sonic the Hedgehog club and Switchfoot club. And they bring the little cd player in there and play whatever theme song applies.

Love it. Well, Lucy sometimes is kept in there a little too long for her 20 month attention span (see pic) and almost always there is a small eruption of feelings over magic markers or someone sitting on someone else's leg. But over all, I am an advocate of the fort. Hey, three kids in one place being relatively quiet is pretty much as good as it gets.

And FYI, Lucy was just a little past her expiry date here, and didn't want me to take pictures but wanted "Yeeuwccee BubbA!" (lucy bubba)

A.

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what keeps you so real Aim! What a shift - from the creative, genious mind of Amy Forderer - the budding writer - to the 24/7 mom - who makes life with 3 little darlin's something very special! You're simply the best!
Ang

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Christy said...

You mean you can confine your children and their clutter to a limited space?

I'm in awe.....;)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Ang. You should get paid for how good your comments make me feel.

Christy. Ha! Confined children is one thing. Confined clutter is an oxymoron in this house. It's like The Day of the Triffids around here with the kid-stuff. Ah well, what ya gone do? Can't give em all back! (the toys, I mean, not the kids. I already know I can't give em back. I tried. hee hee.)

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

Hi.

I saw your comment over at Dang Cold's blog and looked at your profile.

This is off the subject you posted about, but I freaking LOVE "Night of the Comet".

I've been looking for it on DVD for a long time. I'd even settle for it on tape at this point.

I haven't seen the movie in forever, but I remember it with a lot of fondness.

Anyways, I don't know many people who have seen it, so I thought it was cool you had it listed.

Later on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home