Thursday, December 09, 2004

Several people have asked me to email them this recipe. So I thought I would put it up here.

Homemade Irish Cream (like Bailey's)

1 can eagle brand condensed milk (low fat is best)
1 half pint (250 ml) whipping cream
1 cup good irish whiskey (Bushmills or Jamesons)
2 tbsp Nestles quik powder (or a reasonable facsimile)
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp instant coffee

Mix all above ingredients with a spoon in a big bowl till all the flavours get married. Pour into bottles (makes about 1 litre) and store in fridge for up to two weeks.
A variation would be to mix one egg and condensed milk in a blender, then pour into bowl and add rest of ingredients and gently stir together. But I am not into the raw egg thing, even though I have had it and it's not bad.

Lovely in coffee or over ice cream.
Thanks to Aunt Brenda for the recipe.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home