Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tidbits

Well kids are back to school tomorrow, thank you very much. It's time, too. Jay and I had one of those weekends where we just look at each other and go, "Whose idea was it to have three kids?"

I am no longer full time employed. YEAH BABY! Jay actually left the place we work at, found something new/different/better and I told them I can only do two days a week, and some stuff from home. And they went for it. Cool eh? I was hating on the full time thing, let me tell youse. And I think my MIL was about done with it too. So a good way to start the new year! Back in my house, most of the time! I can give Lucy triple the smooches! We can go out for lunch together! And shopping and lady time! Forget about it!

On Christmas day I had picked out the nicest gymboree black velvet jumper for Lucy (secondhand of course, it cost me 2.99) with cherries on it. I agonized over whether she should wear a red blouse or a white blouse under it, finally settling on white (bought new! for $11.99!).
Unfortunately (but only a bit unfortunately) she got herself a Supergirl T shirt from Santa, and inSISted on wearing the super girl shirt under the black velvet jumper. And she worked it. The kids'll wear anything these days!

I am memorizing like a fiend these days. I am going to be in a play! In March.
It is called "I Never Saw Another Butterfly". I am playing the lead, God help me. They should have given the part to someone with much, much younger brain cells than me.

We got the kids a new keyboard for christmas, and Sam has been playing it non stop. He also got a 'how to' guitar book and has been playing that too. I love it. I just wish he would try something else besides the canon in D minor and Led Zeppelins Immigrant Song. Just for a change.

Well that's all the bits for now. Rec Room date with hubby. Amy out.

6 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

Does the keyboard have a jack where you can plug in a headset? You'd still be encouraging Sam and his music, but you wouldn't have to listen to it! (I use my headset all the time to spare JP.)

Yay for part time, and for working from home. And congratulations on the lead role!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

You are not even going to believe this...

My Senior year of High School, our drama group did "I Never Saw Another Butterfly."

And I played the lead.

We're, like, soulmates or something, huh? :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger kalki said...

I love reading little snippets of your life. And yay for part-time and more Lucy smooches! And yay for the play!!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger patdean said...

Really this has little to do with your post - unless I somehow tie it in with the "kids back to school" theme. So bear with me, I wasn't sure where it would fit.

Five minutes ago, just on a lark, I thought I'd do a web search for Melanie Flis. It's been about 20 years since I last saw her - all red and fiery whipping about Michael Power highschool directing a slew of debaters to their respective classrooms. So very Melanie.

And it's been a full 23 years since we all attended the same school (that is you, Melanie, and me - Pat Dean); with you in Mr Cronk's class and Melanie and me in Mr. D's.

So here I am today - just moments after searching on "Melanie Flis" and i'm reading about you. As it turns out yours was one of only a handful of hits I managed find, and no doubt the only correct one - your reference to her quiet house and red hair proved I was on the right track.
Anyway, I was compelled to write, primarily just to say hi, but also at the off chance you know, to ask what ever became of Melanie. She's not our Prime Minister yet - as I half expected her to be, so I sometimes wonder...

Please say hi to your family for me - provided they remember me :-).

All the best,
Pat

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

alllll sounds good, sistah! except the D minor thing... does that sound good?

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger jow said...

you write very well...
your writting is cool... is nice...

i´m from brazil... i was looking around some foreing blog... i´ve searched for many... but your writting made me feel like "this one is good... is to enjoy"

if you would like to talk to someone around the world... http://sedex.blogspot.com/2007/02/oi.html
that´s my blog adress

see you...
and more one time: nice writting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home