Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Feels like what I do, mostly. We leave at 7:15 in the morning and get home about quarter to six. Then I try to do all those things that I used to do mostly at my leisure, like cleaning and cooking and homeworking and checking school stuff and snuggling and airplane ridesing and bathing little people and feeding little people and shopping and a million other thinging.

Sounds nuts, eh?

But. Jay has adjusted nicely to carrying half the load, and things are not just my worry anymore. I love that. We BOTH think about what to have for dinner and what to put in the boys lunches and we both get on Sam to remember his school stuff and violin practicing. We fold laundry together while watching TV at night. It's very romantic. Heh.

It has been a busy month. Both boys birthdays are in October so we had a 10 big boy party with push up contests and Dance Dance Revolution contests (which I just LOVED. I mean, how much longer will they all be into DANCING?) and a small boy party with six little people playing musical chairs and duck duck goose and whatever other games I could come up with off the top of my head, can't even remember it's all a blur. I even forgot to get the brown paper bags I was going to get for them to decorate their own loot bags, so I found some big yellow envelopes in the filing cabinet in the basement and had them decorate those, lol!

Our van had a little hit and run. I was driving with Jay on a busy street and we got sideswiped. By the time I got my bearings they were long gone didn't even stop. Buggers. So off to the cop shop and calling insurance and then to the body shop blah blah blah.

This weekend I am having one of my Girls Night Out product parties. Should be a good one. And then sat is the family party for the boys birthday. 30+ people! Just me and my siblings and our kids and my parents alone is 18 people. add a few friends and a couple aunts and uncles and voila, instant crowd. So we gotta give the house a good spit and polish at some point, buy the food, plan something for all the little ones to do, etc.

And of course because I have this weird disorder where when I have tons of things to do I decide to ignore most of it and take on a project, didn't I take most of Lucy's border down in her room with big plans to paint it before the party, WHY I don't know. But I also took her dresser out to the garage and stripped it and there it sits, all apart and waiting for paint! Aren't I just a gem?

So that's wots bin happening around here. I am liking my job pretty much. Really, life is busy but good.

Last night Jay was saying we should get a treadmill. I was like, for WHAT?

A.

7 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

That's how I feel about treadmills too, and I don't do HALF the running that you do!

For the big party, just straighten up the place. Because you KNOW you'll have to mop the floors and do a big clean afterward--with all those people, someone's bound to spill something.

You sound busy but happy. Glad you found a few minutes to update!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Sounds busy, busy, busy, hon.

Hope your Girls Night Out party goes well. And your 30+ people party.

Love and hugs to you, Amy.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I have a treadmill. It sits, just like people told me it would. That last part gave me a good laugh.

I'm thinking about taking down my little one's border, too and repainting her room. I'm insane.

So glad you like the job and Jay has chipped in halfway. Couldn't he have gotten half the license plate though? Hoo boy!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Hit and runs make me angry. It's odd, too, since I've never been involved in one. But I just wonder what kind of person causes damage like that and doesn't stop?? I guess, in a way, I was involved in one when my dog was hit years ago and we never did know how long he lay there dying because nobody ever stopped to say they hit him and we didn't find him until the next day. I just find that irresponsible and incredibly selfish. But, whatever... I'm glad no one was hurt when you were hit! And the romantic laundry-folding while relaxing after the kids go to bed?? Amen, sistah. Right there with you!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Jay sounds awesome. I'm realizing that I don't DARE go to work until the kids are much older, because as great as my husband is...he would never ever do half of the housework, even if I worked full time and HE stayed at home :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh good LORD, Amy! You're insane!

I love you!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger kalki said...

You are a total gem. Hope the party went well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home