Monday, December 05, 2005

Whew!

Now That wuzza bizzy weekend.

Friday night I took my MIL and SIL to see the Geritol Follies. Do you know them? They are a group of over 60 people who sing and dance and they are kinda great. One lady was 88 in the choir. One dancer (who had some nice legs on her) was 74. I am totally joining when I am 60. Only 24 and a half years to go!

The crowd was kind of Senioray.
From my seat it looked like this:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
LOTS of white hair and no hair and Christmas brooches and good wool coats.
It took us FOREVER to get out of there, the wool coats and overshoes and walkers kind of bottlenecked and then you pretty much might as well have pitched a tent and sang some songs around a flashlight.

I kinda like old people though. I like how they undertake the business of walking. I like how they look around for old friends. I like how they smile at younger people. And I like how they are all put together from the talcum powder to the pouffy hair.

So it was fun. A good show.

Sat I worked at my booth alone and man alive I almost died because i had to pee from about eleven on and noone was coming till 230. I could hardly deal with the customers. I kept looking in the crowds of people walking by, desperate to see a familiar face. I thought that even if I saw someone from high school I would ask them just to wait at the booth for a minute while I took off. Then I thought, what about a friendly looking mom with a kid? You can trust moms. Except what if something happened with the kid, the mom would ditch my booth if that occurred. Well, nobody familiar came and I just had to deal. But my replacement people came a half hour early so I didn't die altogether.

Then we had music team rehearsal for church on Sunday and then a Christmas party thing. Then home to sleep, then back to church early and then I had to do sunday school with Sandy for the second service. Which is just fine because we get to hang out and the kids are walking talking riots. Then I stayed at church to decorate the gym because TONIGHT we are having a Ladies Christmas Event, pretty much run by me and my friend Joanne. Please if you have a minute send us a good vibe that we pull it off because we have basically whipped this thing togetha with a lick an a promise! Yee-ikes! I am doing stand up comedy! It has been a while and I am a bit rusty! So the exclamation marks come out! I will have it video taped and try to put a clip on here! If it turns out okay! If it does not turn out okay you will never, ever see it!

Deep breath in, Deep breath out.

Where oh where is the Diet Coke. I am watching my friends little guy this morning and he is almost two and he and Lucy are in cahoots big time and I don't even know what they shoved in the VCR but it was definitely not a VCR tape.

Toodles. Happy Monday! Blech!
A.

7 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

It may be time to invest in some Depends.

And hey, you'll blend right in with the Senior-y crowd!

Hope your VCR is still operable. And good vibes to you for the Ladies Christmas Event. I'm sure you'll be fabulous.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wow, I could definitely be in the Geritol Follies. Hey, I take the crap every day, that should count for something!

Knock 'em dead tonight, and tell us all about it tomorrow.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger kalki said...

So how do it go? You totally brought the house down, didn't you?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

I love it when you draw the scene for us

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I bet you were great with an etch a sketch!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Deadly with an Etch-a-Sketch, I'm thinking! And Carter put a doggie treat in our VCR last month... it's still grinding crumbs when we put in a tape. Yippee. Good luck!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Amy, I just watched your comedy bit on the other page and thought you were so funny! Your holiday song had my husband and me laughing so hard, we had to play it back to catch the missed funny lines! Oh, and so true..so true. Congrats to you for keeping the crowd, and the internet, in stitches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home