Friday, November 18, 2005

It's like I am trying to win some sort of dork contest

Below is a copy of an email I sent my husband at work yesterday. Brackets with info have been added.

Subject Line: GULP. Bad News.


HI.

Remember in the summer when I backed out of our driveway and sorta hit that car?

Um, yeah. Well, I did that again. But harder. Wahhh!
I had Seth (montys little friend) and Monty and they were running around and I was trying to get them in the car to take Seth home and Monty to school. Seth got in the car but Monty kept running away from me, around the driveway. I got frustrated and got in and thought I would back the car up, get it on the street and then get him and put him in the car. So I was looking at him, standing in front of the garage door, as I backed out. And then I hit the car.

I knew it was someone from Bruno’s place’s (guy across the street) car. So I ran across the street and knocked on the door and rang the bell but noone came. So I took monty to school and seth home, came home myself and put a note on the car that it was me that hit it and please come over and get my information.

After a while I see the lady out there so I came out and told her it was me. (She is Bruno's cousins wife, italian lady in her 60s) She freaked out at me. Started yelling and saying “Why did you do this to me?” and I was like, “I am sorry and don’t worry I will pay for the repair” Her passenger back door has a scrape and a dent. She starts like leaning over the car and saying, “Oh, my stomach! Oh my new car!!” and then she said, “I have to go in to see Bruno” and I said okay well I will meet you in there I will go get my information. So I go back home to tell Oma (my MIL who lives with us) to watch Lucy for me, by this time I feel so bad I am crying myself!

So I come back out and Bruno and her are outside the car and she is crying and Bruno yells at her, “Come on! Amy is right across the street she said she will take care of it! Why are you getting all emotional!” (It was kind of funny). She said, “I can’t drive it to work” and he said, “Oh stop it, of course you can drive it to work!” So she left for work and I said I am sorry about ten more times and all she did was give me a dirty look like I had just offed her grandmother.

So then Bruno takes me into his house and says, “My God! She came running into the house screaming, I thought she was having a heart attack!” I went in and talked to them. They were great. Alma (B’s wife) said, “She is just emotional, don’t take it personally, she is like that, high strung, the important thing is that noone got hurt and your kids are okay.” So they took my insurance info.

I am sure I will have to pay something out, maybe her deductible or something. And um, heh, our back bumper on one side got kinda cracked up (a lot). I feel like such an idiot that it happened not once but TWICE.

So that’s that. How is your day going?

Bye bye! Call me if you can.
Aim

13 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

hey, why was she parked behind your driveway?
aim, did you channel mom?
sorry mom.
glad no one was hurt and that it was bruno's friend and not some stranger - well, no stranger than that weird lady anyway.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger kalki said...

Good grief, that lady needs to CALM DOWN.

This is totally something I would do. Although, a few weeks ago we had a friend visiting and Rob backed out of the garage and right into her car. And I was like, AWESOME. Just because Rob always makes fun of me for shit like that. (Luckily her car wasn't really damaged at all.)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Did you know you posted that entry twice? (Does that make you the winner of the dork contest?) ;)

I'm glad you and the kids are okay. I hope Ms. High Strung Emotional Drama Queen gets over it. Soon.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Oh MAN! Oh MAN! The crashing! With the children! And the craziness! And the psycho auntie! And the tears! And the bumper cracking! And the hilarious email! And the PSYCHO AUNTIE! Oh MAN!

Hey. Everyone's okay, right? No death, just a little destruction? Like, way minimal destruction? Life goes on. Give that lady a beer or something, mm'kay, and say, "Lady? CHILL." That should work. Yep.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

sounds like a scene in a sitcom!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everyone's okay! I hate when people park at the end of my driveway! I think we should invest in signs that say "Park at your own Risk" and place them at the end of our driveways!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Effie said...

Um, so how quick did your hubby call you after that?!!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

welcome to dorkdome.
you may live in my kingdom however, I will remain queen of the dorks, because hey, I'm just dorkier.
by far
oh my
soooooo by far.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Bente said...

Oh boy. That lady seems a little too attached to her car. Yikes! At least Bruno was good about it all.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Oh no. You'd have thought you hit the lady and not the car.

What a nut. Thank goodness for Bruno.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh, I hate when that happens (and believe me, it has!). Thanks goodness for sane neighbors, even if they have crazy relatives.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger lawbrat said...

What a crazy reaction! I think she needs some xanax. Take a pill lady.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa, I'm glad no one was hurt. Obviously, the lady was not gelling like Magellan.

Did Hubby call you back within 5 minutes or was it less than that? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home