Friday, August 05, 2005

Serenity Room

I am pretty much done the bedroom. And I am lovin' it. The biggest thing I did was clean/declutter. That is the stuff that was really impeding on the calmness and lovliness of the space. Remember my computer desk in one corner?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(shuddderr)

Here is what that corner looks like now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The desk is computer free and moved to the other wall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I gotta find something to put against the wall on the one side that is kinda peeling, but doesn't it look better?

Here is my dresser buh-fore:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And after:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I found this little sweetheart for 7 bucks at Winners,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is the bed:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I did get some new big pillows for those pillowcases, so it looks even nicer now. And that's it! Whew! Now I gotta get the crap out of the hall that is gone from this room, like a huge mirror and a screen and a ton of books and papers. But really, when you can go into this room and shut the door behind you afterwards, clutter in the hallway is easier to deal with.

I don't have any time to write a mission statement now about how I promise to do my utmost bestest to keep this room orderly. But, you know.

ANd I know it is Anxiety day over at Kristine's blog but it took me longa time to upload all these pictures and blog. So maybe tomorra I can talk about my multitudinous mental problems.

For now, peace and serenity to all who have lingered here.
A.

15 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Amy, you did an AMAZING job! Seriously, it's like night and day. You must be so proud and HAPPY!

Have a great weekend with that adorable little red-head of yours. She's just too cute :-)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

gooood job girl! yah!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that corner where the desk used to be? It looks AMAZING! Like, I could sit there and sip a cappuccino or something!

Well done!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger c said...

Nice! And I LOVE the curtains, they're so purty!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love before and after organizing shots! Excellent job, Amy! And I'm totally diggin the chair/table corner where the desk used to be. Very nice. I hope to do something like that in our room very soon.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Bente said...

What a great job Amy! It looks wonderful.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You have GOT to stop taking pictures of the Hilton and passing them off as your house. ;)

Nice stuff, Amy!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Christy said...

PS: Who's Kristine?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Yay! No weird commenter wanting to soil my curtains!

Thanks guys! I am LOVIN IT. I can't even believe I sleep there. It is so calm and cosy!

Christy, Kristine is at randomandodd.blogspot.com

Check her out! She is awesome.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

OH Amy, this is awesome!!
Such an awesome job, and thank you for emailing me and reminding me to come check it out!!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go mama ... your room looks soooo good ... great job amy ... Nat

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Okay, woman. I am in the middle of a huh-YUGE painting projectso what I want to know is, HOW DID YOU DO THOSE WALLS?! Awesome, they are...

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total transformation. I love it. You have done an excellent job.
I love the bow on your daughter...that pic is too cute!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Cat- I painted the walls first with a lighter colour. Then I mixed a darker colour half and half with glaze. Then I took a rag, dunked it in the glaze, and spread it on the wall in a 2 foot by 2 foot section. Then I took the rag and wrung out most of the paint, kept it rolled up and just sort of rolled it over the wall so it picked up some of the paint I had applied. It was time consuming but actually kinda fun once you got going. And I had my cousin Tracey helping me so it went pretty fast.
AND can I say I did it three years ago, before I had that third kid.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How gorgeous! I bet you spend a lot more time in your room now. And I love the fabric for your curtains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home