Monday, August 08, 2005

Mondaying like a cold bowla oatmeal

Or something like that. My attempt at a gerund, I fear, falls flat. Sorry Mrtl.

Weekend was gooo-oood. We GOT AWAY WITHOUT KIDS FOR A NIGHT. First time since February. Lovely. Went to Jay's work picnic/party at his boss's place. Which, can I say, is awesome. Right on Lake Erie, big two story log cabin. Private beach. Filet Mignon. Other peeps brought kids but we chose not to. And it was a good decision, as all I would have done is chase Lucy around and around and upside down. As it went, I got to sit in my lawn chair and eat my food uninterrupted. Ahhh. And chat and converse and mingle and enjoy the bonfire and the waves lapping at the shore. And the sunset. Which was like a watercolour painting of salmon and blue.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wish I could write more, but I can't. Kids.

Later Gator,
A.

9 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Soooooo BEAUTIFUL! Glad you got some much needed rest and relaxation time.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger c said...

What a lurvely sunset!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

did I tell ya I'll be in Montreal this upcoming weekend? My first trip to CANADA! really! my honey-man and his angel boy-O and I will be there for 8 days

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

um, totally failed to mention what a glorious sky shot that is! amazing sky colors!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

Wow!
Gas for trip...$$$$
Pay for babysitter...$$$$
Being able to experience a gorgeous sunset and dinner w/o having to run the kid relay...priceless.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Me said...

That is an awesome picture! Get away time is always a plus.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what a picture. Amazing.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Bente said...

What a beautiful photo!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the special little things are just the thing to make you appreciate what you have!
Beautiful Childless Sunsets make you appreciate the Chaotic Child filled Sunrises!
Sounds like a nice time! Glad to hear you are getting a much needed break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home