Sunday, June 19, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Happy Father's day to all the Daddies. The new ones, the old ones, the in between ones. The tall ones. The strong ones. The fun ones. The serious ones. The smart ones. The ones who get up in the middle of the night to make sure the front door is locked. The ones who scoop up their kids and kiss 'em. The ones who keep the kids in line. The ones who worry. The ones who work. The ones who love.

I saw my dad yesterday, we were at his cousin's funeral. He looked so handsome in his suit, and seeing him cry made me cry too.

My dad has strong hands. And an arse kickin' sense of humour. And he is always working away at something. He has always had a moustache. He makes the best tea. He loves us kids. He loves my mom. He is crazy about his grandkids, and he doesn't just say so, he does so.

I love the above pic of Lula and Jay. I wish I had one of me and my dad, because this is how it feels when you hug them.

A.

9 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

That is soooooo sweet! What a great Daddy's girl shot.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Bente said...

I almost forgot to call my father for father's day and sent his card late because it isn't father's day in Australia until September. It's a bit frustrating, especially since Mother's day is the same in both countries. I made the call though, and he'll get the card...eventually. Great picture, very cute.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nice pic of Jay and his little lady and you're right about your dad, he's a great father-in-law as well!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww!
Ang

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

So darling. I just want to touch that firey red hair!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very precious picture of daddy and daughter.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

great post aim - you are so right about dad -whenever i hear that jann arden song that goes "his strength is what makes me cry" i think of dad and his hard-working hands...
also love that pic- too sweet.
jen

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

So cute! You're right about Papa hugging too, it's the best!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

(apply irish accent)
that's just super duper sweet lil' lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home