Friday, March 04, 2005

Took my MIL to see Million Dollar Baby last night.

Mon Dieu, that movie was something. I can see why Hilary won. She really is brilliant. The boxing scenes were intense and the camera work was all about shadows, which made sense because this movie TAKES YOUR HEART AND SQUASHES IT INTO A BOX LIKE A BONSAI KITTY.

Ouch. Without spoiling it. If you see it. Bring kleenex. And some antidepressants. And a sun lamp. And some chocolate.

It was really good. Great, even. And can I say that Clint Eastwood moves like a young man and almost looks good in his cargo pants and polo shirt? And Morgan Freeman of course my Easy Reader never disappoints.

My only complaint is that Hilary's hair could have been pinned back a little better. But it was probably a costume direction, to have it flying about and coltish and wild. So don't pay attention to me. I just have a thing with long hair getting in the way of a movie.

Alright, well, Sam must be taken at gunpoint to have a bath now, and my luca is waking up, and my cup of tea is empty, so I will go.

Happy Friday!

A.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You're way ahead of me...Not only have you seen Ray AND MDB, I'm not coordinated enough to boil water by 7:30 am.

You rock! ;)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

my wife walked in crying the other day and i asked her what was the matter.

she had just seen million dollar baby.

i really should start seeing movies again, some time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home