Friday, April 16, 2004

Sammy's school is having a Krispy Kreme fundraiser. Yikes.

I have only had them once, er twice. The first time we were in Buffalo and grabbed a fresh dozen before heading for home. I have never tasted anything so melt in your mouth delicious. Wow. I ate two in about five seconds. Then I thought I should show some restraint. But the aroma of the donah! I kept opening the box, then shutting it fast to get a quick waft of it.

I had one more donut before going to bed. Then one for breakfast the next morning. ALL DAY the two leftover donuts were whispering sweet nothings to me, "C'mon, Aim, just have another. We're lonely in the box. Why did you buy us if your'e not going to eat us?"

But I resisted. I had to leave the house to do it, but I resisted. I was determined not to have an empty Krispy Kreme donut box when Jay got home. He came home and had one. I acted all cool about it like I didnt care about that last delicious donut. He said, "I'll take this in my lunch tomorrow". I gulped. "Sure," I said.

That night that donut's presence was the size of an inner tube on the kitchen counter. I kept visiting it and smelling it and then closing the box. Then I figured why have this big box for one donut? So I picked it out and put it on a plate. Then I licked the icing off my fingers. My jaw ached with the wanting of it.

The magazines all say that when you have a craving for something you should go shopping for a nice top or have a bath. Since it was 11pm, I went for the bath. As it was running I went back down to the kitchen to visit the donut. Jay came up. "Hey," he said. "What are ya doin?"

"I am just having a bath." I said. "Well, I am getting one ready."

"Wow," he said, "I can't believe you saved the donut for me."

I grimaced. He went back downstairs. I waited for him to be out of sight, then I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed the donut. I was going to just eat it to get it off my mind. But I liked the way they taste when they are fresh out of the store. So I popped it in the microwave. For too long.

I carried the steaming hot donut up to the bathroom. Still too hot. So I put the plate on the edge of the bathtub. I got in the bath.

Jay came back up. I couldnt find a place to hide the donut. He walked into the bathroom and there I am, in the bath, holding a plate with a donut on it.

"What are you doing, Aim?" He starts laughing. "I knew you were gonna eat it! Why are you eating it in the bathtub?"

I was annoyed. "It was too hot. Can you get out? I am trying to have a bath."

He just laughed. "Okay, Miss Krispy Kreme. Have fun with your donut."

Argh.

So Sammy's school is having a Krispy Kreme fundraiser. Anyone want to go in on a dozen with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home