Friday, September 22, 2006

Where i bin

Hola.

Guess what I did?

Started a full time job. For real.

Haven't worked full time for a real long time. But an opportunity came up at my husband's workplace and I went for it.

So for the past two weeks, I have learned

Fax machine, Photocopier, Scanner, Fancy Business Phone,
How to Invoice, How to cost jobs, How to enter bills and pay bills and receive parts,
Two different kinds of business software, Excel,
How to work a stapler and letter opener, plus the thing that takes the staples out, I am really good at taking staples out, by the way, you would barely know they were ever there except for the little Dracula bites in the paper.

HuGe LeArNiNg curve. And I somehow have to figure out how not to get home at 530 and have to run around like a chicken till 1030pm.

Thankfully, Jay's mom lives with us, so it's a big big plus for childcare. Along with the fact that Sam and Monty are both now full timers.

Monty got in trouble at school yesterday for standing in the sink. Neat, huh?

I have a nice office. Big window and lots of space. I can see a bridge highway out my window, watch trucks gliding along it.

So, yeah! If I didn't stop by your blog in the past bit, forgive moi. Will get back on track now that I am not so new at everything. Blogging from work! Always wanted to be one of those people!

The wedding that lucy is a flower girl in is NEXT week. Should be so fun.

And now I better get back to stapling. Don't want to get in trouble! Get meself feered.

Have a super weekend, folks!

A.

11 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Congrats on the the job, hon!

STANDING IN THE SINK??

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

Lookit you with the fancy full-time job with the staple remover and everything! I'm jealous of your office and especially your windows. Congratulations!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger harvestfound said...

yea aim! what does it feel like to wear lady clothes everyday? congrats!

now i just have to add while i am sososo happy for you i am going through a little withdrawal on this end - my phone ain't ringing it's special aim-10am ring anymore! i have to figure out a way to pretend to be a customer so we can chat - code name gigi.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Very cool! Congrats!

I happen to be a particularly poor staple-taker-outer. And I will now forever think of those holes as "Dracula bites", by the way. Love that.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Bente said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you got yourself a pretty sweet deal!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Congrats! I love to remove staples. I'm not so good with a letter opener, though. Looking forward to Miss Lucy, all dolled up :)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY for you! Happy full time job outside the home!

Woo!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Congratulations, Amy! So, which do you prefer? Adult or kiddo conversation during the day?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

congratulations, indeed! and HOORAY for in-home-immediate-relatives childcare!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Oh wow -- BIG change, eh? Congrats and best wishes! The mommy-juggle is always a tight-rope, but sometimes a circus is fun. Although, perhaps not as much fun when you get busted for standing in the sink at school. WTF??! Silly boy!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Congrats on the new job! I started a new job...a whopping 5 hours a week and I still spend an entire day getting caught up afterward. But I digress.

I hear ya' on the whole learning curve thing...I feel like a knob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home