Friday, August 18, 2006

The Vamps

I got a little 2 cd set yesterday at a thrift store. It's called "The Vamps" and I am loving it. It has all these quirky songs done by Judy Garland, Peggy Lee, Marlene Deitrich, Lena Horne, and the like. It is darling and charming and bee-boppy and I like to pull up at stop lights and roll down the windows and have Marlene belting out, "You GO to my HEEEAAD, Like the Bubbles in a GLASS of CHAMPAGNE".

Our trip was awesome. Wow, setting up a trailer with no kids there is like, easy. And cooking is very easy, when your husband does it all, eggs in the mornin and barbecue at night, even the dishes after, he is a lovely tidy thing and I think I will keep him. We loved the little town near the conservation area! It looked like this when you crossed the bridge to get in.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I know. Swan!
And the park was really nice. Really nice! And we went tubing. But it was a bit rough and I feared for me life just a bit and once down the gorge was quite enough, thank you very mucha.
I took this pic at the Quarry, it was just neat to see this group of kids on the rocks.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And now I must go. Some children are NOT settling to bed so I need to go and pull a heavy.
Ciao!

13 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

Yay! Glad you had a good time. And now its back to reality with trying to get the kids to sleep. :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

great pix.

glad you had a great time..

may you have 60 more years.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I've only camped sans kids once...but I was six months pregnant at the time, and physically uncomfortable, so I'm not sure it counts! Sounds wonderful. Someday...

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Wow, what a place. Glad you could go...but glad to have you back. :)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you're back! Equally glad you had a great time and shared a couple of your pictures with us!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Looks lovely! Glad you had some good twosome time.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger LadyBug said...

What a lovely place. I'm so glad all the childcare arrangements came through, and you two were able to enjoy each other for a few days.

Hugs!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Effie said...

I LOOOOOOVE Marlene Dietrich--and everyone else on that CD--sounds like a good one!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger therapydoc said...

Hi, I'm a new reader. Thanks SO much for putting up pix of your past camping trips w/ fam. (Yeah, like what else would you put up, they're a fabulous bunch) Mine are grown up w/ kids of their own, but it brought back so many memories of vacations, trailers, cold water head drenching at 100 degrees in the shade. Yup it was great. Best of luck w/ your brood. Did you miss 'em? Just a tad?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Gorgeous! What fun.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

Can you please shove me in your suitcase the next time you go?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

That looks like a very romantic place.......it's good to get away sometimes with just your hubby.... I hope you have a fabulous time...

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

I'm so glad you had a good time sans kiddos.

Beautiful pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home