Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'll Believe It When I See It

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
amy and jay (and Sam) wedding picture, August 1996. And yes, that is one of the napkins from our wedding, I have saved a pile of them.

Very busy household this morning. It is Jay and I's tenth wedding anniversary this month, and we are going away today FOR THREE WHOLE NIGHTS WITHOUT KIDS I CAN'T BREATHE WITH THE EXCITEMENT AND TERROR THAT IT MAY NOT HAPPEN because one of the kids will come down with typhoid fever or one of the babysitters wins the lottery and have to take a trip straight away to decide what to do with the money, and how can you ask them to still take your kid when they have all those decisions to make?

This is unprecedented for us. Three nights! We have done one night away several times, two nights once maybe six years ago. We are going camping with the trailer to Elora Gorge, supposed to be a real nice place north of here.

Kids are doing this

SAM - drop off at SIL's, my dad picks him up at 630 tonight takes him to soccer drops him back off there. Friday my dad goes back and gets him and keeps him for a night.

MONTY - bringing him with us as far as Waterloo, ON, where he will be dropped off at my sister's for two nights. Then on fri my mom will go pick him up and keep him for a night with sam.

LUCY - staying with my MIL (who lives with us, BTW) for two nights, Friday my cousin is coming to pick her up and keep her for the night.

Whew! See what I mean, I will believe it when I see it. But don't cry for me Argentina because we are going to have FUN. I bought COLOSSAL shrimp (17 dollars a pound) for the barbie. I bought some really pretty bottles of wine. We are going 'tubing'! Ha! And we are bringing our bikes! And I have two lovely novels tucked in my bag!

So Adios! Kiss today goodbye and point me t'wards tomorrow! Mmmm Hmmm!

Take care eh.

A.

20 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Sharkey said...

That sounds wonderful! I hope all the kid juggling works out so you guys can get away and truly enjoy yourselves.

Happy anniversary, and have a great trip!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm SO excited for you guys!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all will go well even though I really won't have to do that because, really, honey, everything WILL BE FINE and you and your Hubby will get to go and have fun without the kids.

Hugs!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Omi-freaking-gosh! We have the same anniversary! Deputy Dad and I married August 17, 1993. An early Happy Anniversary to the two of you.

Your trip sounds SO exciting! I'm just thrilled for you.

And now I'll spend the rest of the day singing...

Kiss today goodbye
And point me toward tomorrow
Wish me luck, the same to you
But I can't regret
What I did for love
What I did for love....

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Happy (early) Anniversary and have a FANTASTIC time away!!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

You had a kid b4 you were married?! You're bad lady!! hahaha ;)

Have a good time!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Wowee, that IS a lot of child care to coordinate (and hope doesn't fall through!). You're smart to send them out to various people, though...they'll be more likely to help in the future if they don't have all three at once, I'm guessing :)

And hey! A picture of you *smiling* on your wedding day! Did those flowers turn out all right after all?

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Okay, I better not say where my mind went when I read "I bought some really pretty bottles of wine. We are going 'tubing'!" because I'm a lady.

And did I mention the colossal cuteness of the the wedding picture? No? Because CUTE!

And DUDE. I feel tired just READING about the kid accomodation schedule. PHEW!

Enjoy your vacation, yo?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Woooooooooooow.

Three whole nights?

Jealous.

Enjoy, enjoy!!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

YEAH! So much fun for you. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip, and know that all will go well with the kidlets.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Oh, I hope you are having the bestest time! With bikes and the tubing and the shrimp and the wining (but no whining because no kids - wooo!) and the sex. Let's not forget the sex.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Our anniversary is August 18!! But I didn't save any napkins. Heck, I don't think we even ordered any napkins. But still, just one day apart (and 5 years...)!! Actually, on your wedding day, I was a bridesmaid for our friends' wedding in Armstrong, BC so it's almost like I was there at yours!!! Enjoy your getaway, and all that goes (or should I say comes... hehehehe) with it! That was bad, wasn't it? ;)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Christy said...

We did 3 nights last year and I got the flu. NO FLU VIBES for Amy and have GREAT TIME! Happy Anniversary!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

days without kids? what is this you speak of??

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Hugs to you!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger aaa said...

Hi Amy: A long time lurker here wishing you a Happy Anniversary.... Here's to 10 more happy years!!! :)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger aaa said...

Hi Amy: A long time lurker here wishing you a Happy Anniversary.... Here's to 10 more happy years!!! :)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Naomi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Can't wait to hear that all went well with the vacation.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

oh kid.
happy anniversary.
have a wonderful time.

camper sex.....oh just the thought.
hooo ha...

I used to have lots of my wedding napkins left.
We would use them for our anniversary dinners each year. The kids loved it.
Eventually, we ran out...sigh.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

hugs galore! - oh and you've been officially tagged (I know, I know, like you've got time for memes?) - go peek over at 'my place' - - I'm curious about what you may be diggin' on in terms of tunage

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Happy Anniversary......I hope you enjoy your trip...... I found a napkin from my wedding while going through my moms things...and it was from 1959.....I'm lucky it didn't disintegrate. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home