Thursday, July 13, 2006

hey hey

You know how it is. It's summer. And the days are long. So you try to get out with the kids at some point. You feed them a few times a day. You hang load after load of laundry on the clothesline. You visit people. You go camping. You get groceries. You pay bills. You get new tires for your car. You relax.
But you don't really blog.

Summer's goin' good. It's busy, but not too busy. I can't BELIEVE I have a child going into GRADE SIX in the fall.

Lucy wants to be a pirate when she grows up. ain't she just a scoundrel?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We are very much enjoying our trailer. Camping with trois enfants is alotta work, but we are getting the hang of it.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Something about this picture reminds me of Holly Hobbie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We (okay not ME, but Jay and a friend and a brother in law and a neighbor and Sam) put a new garage roof on.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And Lucy had her third birthday! Woo hoo!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yes that is only two candles on the cake. Two big ass dining room candles. Hey, you use what you have.
And now I must go! Happy friday to one and all!
A.

15 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY for an update!

Amy, you just go ahead and live life! We'll be here whenever you get a chance to stop back and let us know how you're all doing. :)

I LOVE the pictures!

Hugs!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

great pictures aim.
yes, very holly hobby - that side profile is what does it i think.
glad to see that spiderman takes his job so seriously - no vacation slacking for him!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

okay, I thought you had fell off the earth.
nice to see you back.
we understand that you have been busy.
because you brought pictures, you are forgiven.
Now how do I get a piece of that CAKE?????? omigod.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Miss Lucy the Pirate. Arrr!

Thanks for the update, dear. Love and hugs to you and your sweet family.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Okay, where are people getting those Pirates of the Caribbean head thingys? Susie had one on Biscuit last Friday. And Lucy is just adorable (and can I say how much she looks like you?? Especially in that last picture).

I'm glad to hear camping with three is doable. I'm not even wanting to try camping with *two* until this one is a little bigger, but by the time she is, the new baby will be here. I could be three more years before I'm willing to go with them :) (I did camping with one, and camping with one plus being pregnant, and decided that was my limit!)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Glad you're still alive and shakin'.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Sharkey said...

I can't even imagine camping with two! (adults) :)

Looks like you're having a fantabulous summer. The pics are great!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Two BIG ASS candles totally count the same as three small, birthday cake candles.

They DO, I swear!

Glad you're all enjoying summer :-)

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Have done the camping thing with lots of kiddies too so I know what you mean about work. At least a trailer helps. We tented it. What campgrounds have you gone to? May be able to share some tips on good ones in Ontario, but the ones I've been to are more in the East and Algonquin Park. I hear there's some great ones in the West.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Shoot, you think trailer camping with three is hard?? Pfffft! We camp with three all the time... in a tent!! There's a fine line between brave and insane, I know, I know. Great pics, and enjoy your summer!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Vajana said...

Glad to see you are having a great summer!

happy belated birthday to Lucy, love the cake and candles.

Stop by more often eh!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger kalki said...

Those candles make me happy. As does your little family.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Effie said...

Mmmmm--chocolate cake!! Happy 3rd b-day Lucy!! Loving your pirate look...I know what someone's gonna be for Hallowe'en....that would be so cute! with a fake scar on her cheek...

When I was little my Grandma made me a Holly Hobby quilt, and I had a Holly Hobby lunchbox too--so cute!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Leska McCall said...

I'm so glad you are having a fun & busy summer.

I wanna come live with you! camping & chocolate cake...

Happy Birthday Lucy! Such a lovely!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh so good to finally have an update! Great pics, especially the last one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home