Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Way Back Wednesday

I think this was started by Mama Duck. I found these old student bus passes from my first and second year of University so I scanned em and here they are.
Sixteen and Fifteen years ago I looked like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am not sure why I look so sad in the first picture. Maybe my barrette was too tight. The fashion of the day was a huge gray T shirt with cutoff at the knee white jeans. And yes ma'am I tucked that massive T shirt in just so. VERY flattering!

The second picture is a little better, except one of my eyes seems to be wanting to laze off. That was a perm grown out from ten months before, if you can believe it. That perm, it could have taken over the world, survived a bombing, scrubbed a thousand pots clean. That day I was wearing a sleeveless sweater with a denim mini skirt. Not so mini compared to the cooter skirts they wear these days.

I look quite hopeful and studious in the second picture. Ha. Couldn't have known then that I would totally fail every single class I took that year, by just not showing up, ever. What a dork. What a waste of two thousand five hundred dollars of my parents money. I had to jump through many, many university hoops to get back in.

Alright, better go.

A.

7 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

oh my god !!!!!!!!!! the second picture is sam!!
you look so adorable and young!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

someday I will dig out my college ID cards to do this very same thing - my freshman pic? I looked totally stoned
(I wasn't though, despite what anyone may think when they see it)

you are a cutie!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Bente said...

You were (are) such a cutie! And cooter skirts cracked me up.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

I LOVE your description of your perm. I think I had one like that, years ago. In the event of nuclear war, the only things to survive would've been cockroaches and THAT PERM.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Effie said...

So Cute!! And young in Uni too!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Kami said...

So young! Lookit that hair! SO cute.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

How the heck did I miss this one!??!?!

That should be a theme one week...student IDs! My school was too small to have one at the time, but I'm sure there are some good ones out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home