Friday, July 01, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday (after everyone has probably gone to bed.)

It's Canada Day here in um, Canada. So we were out to my parents for a barbecue most of the day. It was a great time, kids had a blast, and we enjoyed ourselves. Until my brother killed his knee playing basketball.

The boys (hah, not one of them under 35), were playing basketball, and my bro somehow went down on his bad knee and that was it. I don't know if it is broken or destroyed or what but they had to carry him to the car and take him to the hospital. He was gone for xrays when we dropped by there after. The knee is his bad knee, one that he has had surgery on a couple of times. Eeep. Poor Chas.

So! I did two of the three stuff portraits. Here are my keys.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nothing special. Don't even bother with keychain. Just car and front door. I do like my kitschy "memos/bills/misc" holder thingy with the hooks on it, though. Good for things like your kids karate medals when you don't really have a place for them but you have promised yourself you are not going to just let them become part of the flotsam and jetsam and eventually end up at the Goodwill because you are tired of picking them up off the floor.

Next is the view from my front door.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As you can see, we don't water our lawn much.

Tomorrow is Lucy's 2nd birthday. So two years ago tonight I had done this exact thing, had gone to my parents for a barbecue, come home, feeling like a baby beluga with the swollen ankles and the sharp pelvic floor pains and the blabbety blahs. So I walked for about forty five minutes, one hand under the huge belly so it wouldn't roll down the street in front of me.

Came home. Sat in chair. Fell asleep. POP! Water breaks.

This is Looch on her birthday last year.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tomorrow I will post a pic of her for the record. But for tonight. Even though mostly everyone's prolly gone to bed or out. I must post this one, because she just looks so grown up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Told ya.

A.

11 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have commented on the close relationship you have with your mom. Cool to see that it's carryin' on down to you and the Looch. How wonderful!
Ang

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Ern said...

Still only 7:30 here! Your porch railing is pretty. And your daughter and I share a birthday! Just 25 years apart. :) Happy birthday, Lucy!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Bente said...

What a difference a year makes in a child. Happy Birthday Lucy!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

My babysitter is Canadian, so when I saw the flag flying on her porch yesterday, I said, "You're such a rebel, flying the Canadian flag on Independence Day weekend." When she told me, I felt like the biggest dumbass.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he's okay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUCY! You sweet little redheaded doll! So very grown up indeed. Oh, why does it have to go that fast?

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!
She is just beautiful, and her siblings hansome. Good job mommy!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Crayon, you crack me up!) Happy birthday to Lucy! She is too cute in that hat!!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!! Amy you are such a great mom, and it shows on the faces of your beautiful chlidren .... Natalie (cuz)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a cutie!

Dare I ask, what is Canada day?

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooooh, she DOES look very grown up!

Happy Birthday to the cutest little redhead online!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Seriously? The cuteness? Awesome pix. Beautiful kids!

On a completely unrelated note, I LOVE the retro "miscellaneous" flowers on your key rack thingy-ma-bob. Where'd you get those? Truly awesome colors!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Oooooh, I just took another look... You probably made that yourself, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?! I totally hate you. It is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home