Monday, June 27, 2005

I wish I could title my posts like everyone else.

But it doesn't come up for me. So I look like a person who doesn't have it all together, AS PER FRICKIN USUAL.

Jay took the boys camping this weekend. Ahhh, me and the Looch, hangin out in the quiet house and havin' fun. It was nice. I cleaned! I know, it doesn't sound like the most super fun thing ever, but I actually don't mind givin' er when I can not be interrupted for a few hours. And I adore the results. I also had my friend Lisa come and sleep over with her daughter Ruby, so it was ladies only, ladies night, ladies forever! Then Sat I went to my ma and pa's and slept over with Lucy. Fun.

The boys had a lot of fun, doing a top notch job of exhausting their daddy-O. Tee hee. The mosquito bites were bad though!

Today I think we are supposed to write about smells as a mrtlotif.

Hmm. Smells.

There are smells that bring me back to childhood. Of course, Play dough is one of them, but not in a good way. Playdough smell makes me feel creeped out. Because it was Christmas Eve, 1977 or so, and we were at my grandparents apartment and it was late. I think my parents were probably partying and the four of us were sleeping in the living room. We had gotten playdough from someone and had played with it. I woke up, and on the TV was this terrifying show about this little black creature that this woman was trying to shove down the toilet or something. Then it was behind her in the car. It was awful. And I smelled playdough. So it's a scary thing now.

Years later I found out that this movie was with Karen Black, not sure what it was called, but there was this little black statue thing that attacked her.

As an aside, there was another movie that I only saw partly and there was a TV in an attic that called, "Suuuusssaaaannnn". Anyone know what that is from?

Smells! I have another one that hurts me. It is the smell of a bath gel that my cousin got me, that I brought with me to the hospital when I had Sam. It was called "Snow Musk". It really is a lovely smelling thing, but not to moi. Because Sam's birth was a nightmare. I won't go into the whole birth story (I will save that for his 10th birthday this fall. Sorry. TENTH?!!!) But long birth story short he took forceps vacuum high forceps to come out and then he DIDN'T BREATHE OR MOVE for 8 and a half minutes. So after that bloody and terrible article I was a wreck, emotionally and physically. And for the week in the hospital afterwards I used my "Snow Musk" shower gel when my darling mom helped me drag my poor body into the bath/shower thing. And I still have the almost empty bottle. And if I ever have tears that need to come out for one reason or another all I have to do is smell that damn bottle.

Hows about a good smell, Amy! Before they leave this maudlin show? Ummmm. Good smells. Basil. Spearmint. Lucy's head, even when she is in desperate need of a bath. I like the smell more then, even.

Christmas trees. MARSHMELLOWS. (I have always thought the smell of marshmellows would make an excellent parfum.) Love's Baby Soft. Strawberry Shortcake's hair. Bailey's Irish Cream. Skin after the sun.

That's all for me. I'se tired.

A.

7 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Kylie's birth was stressful too, and my Mom gave me a new pair of PJ's to wear in the hospital. The smell of cheap, new cotton PJ's before they have been washed will always be associated with hospitals for me.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

think it might be black christmas?
i think there was a t.v. in the attic calling "susan" and also a girl wrapped in cellophane by her killer - very scary by my memory.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

I think if I had a marshmallow-scented perfume, my kids would constantly be nibbling at me.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

On Karen Black:

"That same year, she starred in one of the most popular TV horror movies of all time, Trilogy of Terror. In it, she played three roles in an anthology. The most popular was Amelia, the third story. Any kid who grew up in the 70s and saw this one would never forget it. It was nightmare inducing...and Black gives a tour de force as a woman whose Zuni fetish doll comes to life and tries to kill her."

Ugh. Scary.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

fooey - if I could remember, I would SOOOO fill you in - THERE IS a Marshmellow frangrance manufactured and sold ~ I love it. OH MY GOODNESS, IS IT YUMMY!!!! If I remember, you'll be the first to know - I get I could do an internet search on it!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Zoe said...

log into blogger.
go to settings.
click the formatting tab.
scroll down to "Show Title field".
choose "Yes"
save changes.
bingo.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Effie said...

Ooh-gotta find the marshmallow scented perfume--yummy! Better than vanilla! My favourite sundae is a Marshmallow Sundae at Dairy Queen--it looks like plain vanilla icecream but it has this ultra-sweet marshmallow topping--to die for!

And Strawberry Shortcake had the best smelling hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home