Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ahhhhh.

Now I can relax. Our gig went pretty good. They were a bit sticky as a crowd. We were on at 330 pm, they had been listening to department reports/billing/accounting stuff all day, so by the time we got them they were like, Feh.

So we just trudged on with our little points and got them out of their seats a few times, told some jokes, gave some pointers and lickety split Barba trick it was over in No Tahme.

My ma does seminar type things on humour and anxiety and stuff. And I have been dabbling in stand up comedy for about six years. So together we do a sort of combo of fun and facts about humour and laughter and all the good stuff it does for you and your bod. We seem to get gigs from gigs, or from word of mouth. It's pretty cool. And almost always goes well. Once we did a seminar with quite a few mentally ill people in the audience. That was tricky, because they kept yelling stuff out and interrupting us. Like, my mom would say, "Laughter gives your immune system a boost." And the one guy would put up his hand and say, "I have three cats and one of them is overweight."

Wells, I'se pretty tired now Miss Daisay. I am going to go vegetate my brain matter on le couch. Maybe there will be a Without a Trace that I haven't seen yet.

Toodle- Out.
A.

PS. That funkalicious pic of me and The Ade (my ma's name is Adrienne) was from an 80's stag n doe. Hence my Desperately Seeking Susan Get-up.

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it went well. No matter how dead they were when you got on, I'm sure you put some life back in their veins! Good on ya!
Ang

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Me said...

Glad the seminar went well. I'd laugh just at the guy saying his thing about the cats!! LOL. Uh yah...cats...that has everything to do with the immune system...LOL.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said...

Amy I am totally hiring you to do all my new blog mastheads.

Random and Ass. I swear I am cracking up (pardon the pun!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home