Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Last days of school

When I was finishing grade eight I got a little camera from the Big V Drug Store. And Sandy and I took all these pictures of the last few days. I think this one was the last on the film.

What a weiner.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For some reason I thought it would be really funny to put a scarf around my head and hold my Living New Testament. Gotta love my two different hair cuts on the same head.

And as you can see, I was as much a slob back then as I am now. If I hadn't been, though, this picture wouldn't be half as much fun for me to look at. There are all my beloved books, "Pistachio Prescription", "The Cat Ate My Gymsuit", all the Judy Blumes. I can tell just by their well worn spines which ones they are.

And on my dresser is my Ms. Pac Man tin, my ceramic bunny that had the cotton balls coming out of its arse. My girl statue that sits on my dresser right now. In the drawer is my fuschia eagle sweatshirt. And you gotta love a detail like a vacuum cleaner attachment under my desk, in a room that maybe got vacuumed once in four years. I probably used it to make a straight line because I had lost my ruler.

I am going to find a few more of these pics. I may even have a MR CRONK in there somewhere.

A.

10 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Zoe said...

I see your post is *titled* :-)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger c said...

Hey, yeah, you figured out how to title!

Yay you!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look out John the Baptist 'cuz heeeeeeeer's Amy!
You go girl!
Ang

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger harvestfound said...

i like the letter "A" made with your reinforcements on your top drawer. duotangs? also love that we had beautiful hardwood floors but dressers with missing handles. great pic aim.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger LadyBug said...

"two different hair cuts on the same head"

Amy, is that..IS THAT A MULLET?!?

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting to be the last day of school, yet scary to go out into the world....

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Me said...

Yay...titles!! Funny pic!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Is that Noxema back there? Man, I miss that 'my face is melting off' feeling....

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy- if you get a chance check out my latest post.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Annejelynn said...

Dear God, It's Me, Margaret - one of my J.B. faves - I must, I must, I must increase my bust!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home