Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Well we're back from our excursion.

And I have two down, one to go. It's a beautiful thing.

We went for a drive, then to Burger King (becausetheyhavetheStarWarstoysmommy!please!MOMmy!)
then we went to Bayfront Park.

You know you are lucky to live where you live when you have a park like this in your city. What a beaut. It is this park that folds outward into the bay, which is part of Lake Ontario. It has a meandering path that loops around. There are these little nooks off the path....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Where (if you didn't have three kids and a stroller) you could sit and read or draw or contemplate the meaning of life.

We saw a bird's nest.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I tried, as I always do, to take a picture of my kids suitable for framing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey, I said tried.

This is my favourite picture of the bunch. I love how Monty's feet aren't touching the ground.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We saw lilacs. My absolute favourite flower.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We fed the Canada Geese. But the squawky red eyed seagulls were faster.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what your face looks like if you are almost two and Canada Geese are coming up to your feet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Sam in a rarely seen relaxed moment.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All that fresh air musta bin good for him. Here is a picture that Sam took! It's great! This girl jumped off her bike and chased the geese.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And lastly, a little brotherly love. Also rare.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ahhh. Now. The serene images belie a few short facts. One, I had three minor aneurysms because M got too close to the water and I could see him falling in. Twice I had to yell at Sam for not listening. Lucy was a bit (alot) whiny because she wasn't allowed out of the stroller. (Or someone would have definitely gone for an impromptu swim.) But all in all, I am glad I got off my BWB (big white butt) and did an outsidey thing with the kids. It was fun.

After we went through McD's drive through and got cones. Lovely. There is nothing like a little white ice cream cone after a long walk. And nobody got any on the van's upholstery! Yeehaw! I have to say, I am quite pleased with myself when I have this little cone. If you have ever danced with bulimia for a while, as I have, being able to enjoy ONE ice cream cone, finish it, wipe your mouth with a napkin, and move on with your life, it is an amazing thing.

Now I am off to publish this blog to see how many pictures I messed up and will have to redo. Bon nuit!

A.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great pictures...Sam's is classic with the geese against the sky, walking along..like hey guys, ever tried flying??

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Makes me wanna try a trip to Bayfront - or - maybe just live vicariously through you!
Ang

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pics are just beautiful. Your children are beautiful. I love the pic that Sam took. That should be framed.

When my oldest was two, we were at a park, with a little pond. Ducks in the pond. He ran after the ducks, right into the water. Now, its kinda funny, then...no way. He only got up to his waist, but still. Should have kept him in the stroller. Your a smart mommy, Amy.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are PRECIOUS! What a great day you gave them.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I adore your pictures and I am so happy that you post about the things you have over come in your life.

*HUG*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home