Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This was fun to do:

TEN CHILDHOOD THINGS ABOUT ME

First best friend: Grade 1, Sharlene Boehmfield. She was blonde and giggly and an only child. I simply adored going to her quiet house with her pink and white canopy bed and little record player.

Earliest memory: I remember being about three and at a washroom somewhere, and my mom waiting for me outside the stall, and I came out and she quietly said, "Did you go pee pee?"

First award: Ummm, I think it was a spelling award for ten perfect spelling tests in grade one at St. Margaret Mary school, 1976.

Favourite Food as a Kid: Spaghetti, of course. And um, ham.

First Embarrassing Moment: One fine kindergarten morning, my stupid short hair was sticking up on one side. And I was whining about it, and my mom told me to cut it out and get to the bus stop. So I went. But the whole time I kept a hand over the side of my head where my hair was sticking up. I got to school and kept my hand there. After about an hour Mrs. Phillips my teacher asked why did I have my hand there. I just stared at her. She said, "Do you have an earache?"
I nodded!
So she sent me down to the nurses office where I had a nice little nap on the cot until it was time for the bus to take me back home at noon. Pretty sweet deal.

First Pet: We had a dog that got hit by a car when I was quite young. Don't remember much about that dog. Then we got Sandy, a golden lab kind of dog. She was the nicest dog.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Birth Order: Jennifer, born 1968. Charlie, born 1969. Me, born 1970. Siobbhan, born 1972.

First Movie seen in a Theatre: Raggedy Ann & Andy movie. My brother won two tickets to this from his hockey team, and we girls drew straws to see who got to go, and I won. This movie was a bit frightening, with this big mushy creature that ate candy. I think I spent some time out in the hallway.

First Big Scare: Another movie. It was on TV. I was about 7. It was called King of the Spiders, I think. Egad. I had nightmares about spiders crawling up my bedposts for years! There was one scene where there is a tarantula on an orange and this boy almost gets bit. I will take that image to my grave.
Wait. I may have been younger than this when I saw a part of another movie where a TV calls out "Suuussaan" to some girl. Hmm.

Background Music: My parents had an 8 track cassette called "Power Pak", I think it was one of those K-Tel specials. It had Three Times a Lady, Clap for the Wolfman, Laughter In the Rain, I Can Help........ Man we wore that thing clean out.

Alright, gotta fly! Fellow bloggers do this too! Can't wait to read yours!

A.

5 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that spider movie too! I was older, but it was still scary. I don't have a blog but I will say for the "Background Music" it would be ABBA.

Have a great day!

Pam

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Pam- ABBA! Forgot about ABBA! Yeah, 'dancing queen' has to be up there.

Mrtl- can't wait to read yours! I 'winged it' on some of these, they may not be exactly 'firsts' but close enough.

KC- It's pronounced Shove-On. I am not sure about Bananarama but I think there was a soap opera chick with the same name.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Bente said...

That was interesting. I did it on my blog too.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Al said...

I went to school with Sharlene Boemfeld at C.B. Stirling. I think Grade 6-8 and then at Barton High.

Small world.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Bente, thanks for sharin!

Al! Very small world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home