Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ooh La La, it's not even 7:30 and I'se a bloggin'. Jay leaves for work around 7:15 am, and the kids always wake up at one point of his getting ready or another. I know people whose kids sleep in till 8 or 9, but this just isn't a quiet enough house for that. Wahh.

Turns out I didn't need to go for a walk OR do a yoga tape last night. I did the NO FRILLS DOLLAR SALE WORKOUT. Talk about getting your heart rate to maximum target. 6 Petit Danone yogurts for $1.00! Lunchables Lunchmates for $1.00! 6 big beautiful Country Harvest bagels.....how much? $1.00!

I went out after eight with Lucy and muscled my way through the store with all the other shoppers. It was nuts, but worth it. $126 bucks got me about $260 worth of groceries. Gotta love the No Frills, even with all the, well, lack of frills. Glass Plus window cleaner $1.00. Catelli jar pasta sauce $1.00. Red Rose Tea 36 bags for $1.00. Do I need to keep going here? Why do I keep spouting off prices to you? I am in no way affiliated with No Frills. I think I need a new hobby.

I also did four loads of laundry last night. blechety blech. It's not the sorting and washing and drying and folding. It's the PUTTING AWAY. If somebody put an ad up for just putting laundry away I would pay them $20 an hour to do it. I love to fold while watching TV. Then I leave everything in laundry baskets and we pull and pick out of there for a few days, until I break down and open some drawers and put the rest away. And this is only if I need the baskets.

Ahh, this is turning into a housework blog. Bit of a drag, isn't it? Let's switch gears. Is that what it's called, switching gears? Sounds weird. Change gears?

I finished Amy Tan's The Hundred Secret Senses. Beautiful book. I cried at the end. She is a great storyteller. And her books read fast. Good stuff. Now I have started Pat Conroy's The Lords of Discipline. I remember seeing the movie years ago with my sisters and brother. I think it was on Superchannel back in the 80's. It really stuck with me. The four of us were so funny with movies, there were a few that we just got obsessed about. The Elephant Man, Why Me?, Table For Five, Hair...... We could have recited them by heart at one point.
Lords of Discipline is big and wordy and fascinating. Really enjoying it.

Alright. I have to go get my darling oldest boy in gear for school now. Wish me luck.

A.

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Strizz said...

Damn i need a sale like that! But i am not into tea bags.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Christy said...

HA! I am going to send this as PROOF to my mother that I am NOT the only one who has this style of laundry filing!

I'm so relieved.....

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Hey...found your site on Brandon's blog. I'm from Ontario too.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hey Robin! I checked out your blog, enjoyed your fifty things thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home